Most of my research with undergraduates focuses on vocal mimicry in northern mockingbirds. More broadly I am interested in animal behavior, science outreach, and STEM education.
Most of my research students engage in data collection outdoors with mockingbirds, which eventually leads to statistical analysis and a presentation.
- Typically one-on-one
- One-on-one or in small groups, depending on the project
Currently looking for a student to apply and work in these programs:
- Any program/opportunity
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
- Elon College Fellows
- Lumen Prize application
- Science Outreach
I can mentor a student enrolled in 4998/4999 hours during these semesters:
- Most Fall/Spring Semesters – email me to ask
- Not available in Sp’24 when I’ll be in England
- Students in biology, environmental studies, neuroscience, and psychology have found mockingbird research attractive.
Interested? Please email me to request more information.