The goal of the Elon Alumni Peer Agents program is to involve alumni in annual giving campaigns on a consistent basis during the fiscal year (June 1-May 31). Agents will be asked to advocate for alumni to be partners, advocates, and most importantly investors. These volunteers are committed to helping Elon reach alumni giving participation goals. They will make a personal financial commitment and contact peers in an effort to secure at least ten donors to Elon each fiscal year. This effort is focused on three annual “sprint outreach periods” including the Elon Luminary Campaign at the calendar year-end, Elon Day and fiscal year-end.
Sprint outreach periods
- Giving Tuesday
- Giving Tuesday is one day when charities, families, businesses, community centers and students around the world come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
- Elon Day
- Elon Day is a day seeking philanthropic support from Elon alumni, parents, students, friends and families.
- Fiscal Year-End
- Towards the end of each fiscal year, it is important to try and retain gifts from alumni and potential donors to finalize the University’s annual goals. Peer agents help remind friends and alumni to keep their annual donation streak alive at the end of the fiscal year.
What are Elon Alumni Peer Agents?
A new volunteer opportunity to involve alumni in Elon annual giving campaigns on a consistent basis during the fiscal year. Agents will be asked to advocate for alumni to be partners, advocates and, most importantly, investors. This solicitation network will help Elon reach alumni who may not appreciate the normal channels of giving but may respond to peer-to-peer contact thus raising overall alumni giving participation.
The average nonprofit has to reach 1,250 people with an in-house email fundraising appeal to land one donation. Peer-to-peer fundraisers only have to reach four of their friends with an email to land that same donation.
I signed up as a peer agent, what are my responsibilities?
The role of a peer agent is to:
- Make a gift to Elon’s Greatest Needs or the fund of your choice
- Contact fellow alumni (classmates or peers) of your choosing in an effort to secure at least ten donors to the fund or area of Elon that is meaningful to them. Elon will provide basic giving information via Google Docs or a volunteer management platform.
- Participate in our three annual outreach periods. During these timeframes, we will ask you to use phone, email, social media, and/or mail to reach out to your assigned or chosen classmates/peers
- Thank friends and classmates for making a gift
Want to get involved? Contact: