Workshops and Seminars
The CREDE offers a series of in-depth facilitated workshops for students designed to examine the many different perspectives that exist in our community and to increase communication about difficult issues to interact more effectively. Each workshop focuses on race and racism, identities, power, and/or inequalities. Recognizing that some of these discussions can be overwhelming, trained facilitators on the CREDE’s staff lead these workshops to promote a healthy climate for meaningful conversations.
The Big 8
An introduction to social identities with a focus on “The Big 8.” In this workshop, students will work together to understand these social identities and reflect on their own experiences that were shaped by their multiple identities. If your group does not have any previous engagement/knowledge on social identities, this workshop is a great starting point, though we recommend following up with a deeper dive into learning about diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice.
Big 8 Workshop for Fall 2023:
- September 14th | 5:30 – 7 pm | Lakeside 214
- September 28th | 12:30 – 2 pm | McBride Gathering Space
- October 9th | 9:15 – 10:45 am | Lakeside 214
- October 24th | 2:30 – 4 pm | Lakeside 214
- November 15th | 5:30 – 7 pm | Lakeside 214
Tailored Workshops & Seminars
We try our best to create the most appropriately tailored experience for your group. We take into account the readiness, prior knowledge and experience, discipline, and demographics of your particular group in order to recommend what may be the most effective for your needs. Contact us to begin the process of consulting with our team in order to develop strategies that help your group achieve greater diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice.
Benefits of our workshops and seminars include:
- Understanding the benefits of diversity, inclusion, equity and justice.
- Learning information and skills to engage in conversations on diversity, inclusion, equity and justice.
- Developing a deep perspective on race, ethnicity, class, sex & gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and age.
- Learning effective strategies for understanding and working on complex issues surrounding diversity, inclusion, equity and justice.
For more information about workshops and seminars offered by the CREDE, or if would like to consult about a workshop or seminar for your group, class, organization, or department, please feel free to contact please contact the CREDE at 336-278-7243 or email@example.com.