Asian American Affinity Cohort
The Asian American Affinity Cohort (A3C) is a 6-week program for primarily first-year and transfer Asian American-identifying students to build connections and the skills to be successful during their journey at Elon and beyond graduation. Participants in the program will have the opportunity to:
- Identify fellow mentors among students, faculty, and staff at Elon.
- Explore crucial ways to be successful academically, professionally, and personally.
- Learn more about the Asian American community at Elon, North Carolina, and about API identities, cultures, and history through cultural excursions, networking opportunities, and more.
- Connect with and find community at Elon.
For the Fall 2023 cohort, participants will meet Thursday evenings* from 6 – 7:30 pm. Dinner will be provided at each meeting. The cost of participation on the program will be paid for courtesy of the CREDE & Elon Innovates. If selected to participate, we ask that students commit to participating in all of the program’s sessions. Any questions about the program can be directed to the Assistant Director of Asian Student Success, George Dou at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested students can sign up for the program using this link.
*Note: at least one session (cultural excursion) may take place on a weekend, or another day depending on scheduling needs.
2023 Program Timeline & Schedule
- Now – August 29th: program sign ups open
- August 28th, 5:00 pm: Last day to apply for the cohort
- August 31st: Session #1: – Who Am I? (Introductions)
- September 7th: Session #2 – Who Am I Part 2: Defining Success at Elon
- September 14th: Session #3 – Who Is My Community Part 1: Asian Community Panel
- September 21st: Session #4 – Learning to Lead (Leadership & Career Development)
- September 28th: Session #5 – Who Is My Community Part 2: Off-campus Cultural Excursion
- October 4th: Session #6 – Program Graduation: Leading into the Future