Vice President for Student Life, Jon Dooley, shared information on Monday, May 22 about operations and safety on campus during Summer Break.
With the conclusion of the 2022-23 academic year for undergraduates and many graduate programs, campus offices, programs, and facilities are shifting their hours for the summer to adjust to having fewer students on campus and fewer events planned.
Please note that university offices are closed Monday, May 29, Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4, for university holidays.
Emergency and Crisis Response
- As a reminder, Campus Safety & Police will operate as normal, 24 hours per day, and can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also assist with connections to the Student Life on-call administrators, who are available 24/7 throughout the summer.
- SAFEline is always available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support with sexual and relationship violence response – they can also be a confidential resource to access on-call violence responders.
- For urgent mental health needs, the Counselor On-Call is available at 336-278-2222.
- For any life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.
TimelyCare Virtual Medical and Mental Health Care – available all summer
- Telemedicine and telemental health services are free through TimelyCare to all Elon students from anywhere in the United States. Students do not have to be enrolled in summer classes.
- Information is available on the TimelyCare page and can also be accessed through the appointments pages of the Counseling Services and Student Health Services website.
Campus services available during Summer Break
Below are the hours for student service operations during the summer.
- The library closed at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 19, and will operate on a reduced schedule until summer operating hours begin at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30.
- Belk Library will be open for Phoenix cardholders and community members 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday, May 22 through Thursday, May 25.
- Summer operating hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- The library will be closed Friday, May 26 through Monday, May 29, and Saturday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 4.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information about library hours for Phoenix cardholders and community members.
Barnes & Noble at Elon University
- Starting Monday, May 22:
- Monday-Friday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Closed on Sundays and Holidays (including May 26 and June 13).
Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Campus Recreation & Wellness facilities are closed Friday, May 19 through Wednesday, May 25, to reset operations.
- Summer hours of operation for all Campus Recreation & Wellness facilities are posted at www.elon.edu/recwell. Please note all facilities are closed on May 29 and July 2-4 in observance of university holidays.
- Counseling Services will suspend clinical services from Thursday, May 25 through Wednesday, May 31, in order to reset operations.
- Appointments will be available daily throughout the summer beginning June 1 through July 28. Hours of Operation:
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Clinical Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m -4 p.m.
- Closed weekends and holidays
- Call 336-278-7280 during office hours or visit the Counseling Services website to schedule an appointment.
- Important updates about available services and scheduling are available online.
- Virtual mental health services are available throughout the summer through TimelyCare, including 24/7 on-demand mental health support and scheduled counseling appointments with a provider in your state. For information about how to access the service, visit the TimelyCare page.
- Starting Monday, May 22:
- McEwen Dining Hall (Burger Joint and Chicken Shack), Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Closed weekends and holidays (including May 26).
- Menus and hours are always available online.
- Starting Monday, May 22
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Closed Sunday
- Irazu Coffee will be open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – noon
- Closed Saturday, May 27 and Saturday, July 1.
- Updated building hours of operation are available online.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services will suspend clinical services from Monday, May 22 to Tuesday, May 30, to reset operations.
- May 30 – August 1:
- Appointments with a provider and Nurse only appointments are listed on the Student Health Services website. Closed weekends and holidays.
- Administrative staff will be available by phone Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. through July 31; closed for lunch from noon-1:30 p.m. Call 336-278-7230 during operational hours to schedule an appointment.
- TimelyCare medical telehealth service is available 24/7 throughout the summer from anywhere in the United States. For information about accessing the service, visit the Student Health Services website.
Wishing you a great summer, no matter where you’ll be!
Jon Dooley, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Life