The Parents Council has the following responsibilities:
- Provide strategic insights and feedback on plans and goals for the university.
- Share observations, suggestions or concerns about Elon programs and campus life.
- Provide resources through professional networking to secure mentoring, internships and employment for current students and graduates.
- Assist in hosting Elon events for prospective, new and current families.
- Support Elon University by making annual gifts at the Elon Society level or one of its circles.