Instructional & Campus Technologies Departments
Instructional and Campus Technologies (I&CT) is responsible for the leadership and management of all technology at Elon University.
I&CT is comprised of the following departments:
Office of the CIO
The Office of the CIO provides general oversight to the technology units at Elon University. As the central technology office for the university, the office oversees broad technology project management, information security policy, and leads innovations that improve the effectiveness of operations at Elon. The office is located in Long 109.
Application Technologies consists of the following two units:
- Administrative Computing supports the business ERP system through systems, programming, and user support. [meet the team]
- Web Technologies develops self-service online applications for Elon students, faculty, staff, and the community. These applications provide an always-on service experience for our users and allow our administrative offices to operate more efficiently. [meet the team]
Campus Technology Support
Campus Technology Support consists of the following three units:
- Computer Support engineers and technicians are specialists in client-level personal computing devices. This unit repairs and maintains all computers and peripherals owned by the university. Their support includes laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, and copiers, plus a variety of smart devices such as cell phones, tablets, and other handheld items. They also support file servers and non-mission critical application servers, as well as manage academic software in campus computer labs.
- Classroom Support technicians are specialists in all technology used to present instruction in the classroom. This unit supports over 200 campus spaces consisting of both classroom and meeting spaces. They develop custom programming for a variety of Crestron control systems, as well as consult with faculty on how to use the presentation technology in classrooms. Classroom Support also assists with the design of teaching spaces and works closely with the Construction Office to coordinate the installation of technology in all new campus spaces.
- Service Desk associates are technology generalists that serve as the first line of contact for almost all technology needs. This unit answers nearly 40,000 support requests per year and resolves nearly 85% of those requests without escalation to other units. The Service Desk also manages the logistics of supplying all of the computer labs and print management stations with needed materials such as paper, staples, toner, disinfectant wipes, etc. The Service Desk also includes Elon Student Computer Services; this team is responsible for repairing all student-owned computer equipment.
[meet the team]
Information Systems and Technologies
Information Systems & Technologies is primarily responsible for all physical and virtual server management, virtual desktop infrastructure, storage/backup management, disaster recovery planning, enterprise systems and application management, network infrastructure, electronic door access infrastructure, and network security. This department is made up of two primary units:
- Networking/Telecommunications is responsible for data communication and the telephone service, including the switchboard. They also maintain and install the communications wiring underground and within the buildings. [meet the teams: Networking | Telecommunications]
- Systems Administration is responsible for all of the business critical servers, including email. They are responsible for the accessibility, reliability, availability, and security for all of the servers required to conduct university business. [meet the team]
Teaching and Learning Technologies is comprised of educational technologists, instructional consultants, multimedia specialists, and information technology professionals who work to support faculty, staff and students. Our primary goal is to provide guidance and support for seamless integration of technology and teaching.
Teaching and Learning Technologies also provides a variety of services ranging from consulting with faculty about technology integration, creating multimedia course components, managing summer online courses, and facilitating emerging technology seminars.
[meet the team]