Elon MBA Overview
Elon University’s MBA program offers a part-time program with full-time benefits. Develop your leadership skills and set and achieve professional goals without sacrificing your career or time with your family. The program is built on face-to-face classroom experiences and offers benefits such as:
A Program Designed for Your Lifestyle
The Elon MBA is structured with your busy schedule in mind and can be completed at your own pace. Sessions begin in September, January, and March. Start the program in the fall (September) or spring (March), take one class at a time and earn your degree in 33 months, or take two classes at a time and finish in just 21 months.
Classes are held in the evenings from 6-9 p.m. so you do not have to take time off from work to get to class. Professors make a point of being accessible – they are responsive online and hold weekly office hours.
Classes are offered in two convenient locations for your convenience – the campus of Elon University or at The Solution Center in Research Triangle Park. There is no need to decide. You may take classes at one or both locations.
- The Princeton Review ranks the Elon MBA the nation’s #8 “best administered” program
Classes are designed to emphasize the practical application of business theory. Students master the material and then apply those lessons to real-world scenarios. The curriculum evolves with changes in markets and industry, and includes coursework in areas such as social media, global economics, managerial accounting, marketing management, organizational behavior, team building, and strategy. Your studies will prepare you to:
- Optimize business processes, operations and supply chains to maximize business performance, and learn the tools of organizational change processes
- Acquire the knowledge and skills of project management, such as project planning, scheduling and controlling, and using project management tools, techniques and software
- Learn to use analytics techniques to identify and manage key business data, including the tools used for data mining, analysis and forecasting
- Understand the role of management information systems in the firm, acquiring the knowledge that will provide you with a balanced and informed view and approach to managing IT
Part-time, flexible schedule program
September or March start date
Classes meet weekdays from 6-9 p.m.