The Elon MBA program enrolls cohorts each September and March. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please submit all required application materials as early as possible, but no later than August 15 for the fall session and February 15 for the spring session.
The MBA admissions policy is designed to select outstanding students who have demonstrated academic ability, professional leadership, and managerial promise. Each applicant is considered holistically on all completed academic work, test scores, evidence of leadership and motivation, professional experience and credentials, and letters of recommendation.
MBA Admission Requirements and Procedures
Applications are completed online, and all materials should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. An application file is considered complete based on the following:
- Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate studies completed or taken
- Transcripts can be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
2750 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
- Transcripts can also be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts can be mailed to:
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) taken within the last five years. Have your official GMAT or GRE scores sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Elon University’s MBA GMAT program code is BFI-84-88 and the GRE program code is 5183.
- Two years of professional work experience
- Current resume
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation; at least one from a supervisor and the other from a professional or academic source
- A completed online application with a $50 nonrefundable fee (paid online or with check or money order made payable to Elon University)
- For international applicants:
- Official transcripts must be translated into English, if they are not already in English, and must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a third-party such as WES.
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required unless English is the student’s native language or the language of instruction. A minimum TOEFL score of 79 (internet-based tests) or 213 (computer-based examinations) is required.
- Students may also elect to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic exam. A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (overall band) is required.
- Once a student is admitted, a $250 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a spot in the class.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Requests
Applicants requesting a GMAT/GRE waiver must meet at least two of the following for consideration:
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher for the degree granting institution
- Successful completion of a graduate degree or US graduate degree equivalent
- Seven or more years of full-time, professional post-baccalaureate work experience
- US Military Service
- Completion of a professional certificate (e.g. CPA, CFP, PMP, etc.)
If you meet at least two requirements listed above, you are eligible to request to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver. Applying for a waiver does not guarantee approval. The admissions committee will review this request after your completed application is processed. Please note, a completed application includes all supporting documents such as transcripts, recommendation letters and resume. A waiver decision will be made within two weeks of being sent to the admissions committee.
MBA Admission Standards
A minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate work and a GMAT score of 500 or GRE combined verbal and quantitative score of 297 is recommended. Application review also strongly considers a student’s professional experience (resume) and letters of recommendation.
The MBA Program requires that all students take foundation coursework in accounting and finance prior to enrolling in the core MBA accounting and finance courses. These two foundation classes are taught by Elon MBA faculty and are designed specifically to prepare students for the Elon core MBA classes.
Students are not required to complete these foundation courses before they can enroll in the regular MBA classes. You may take any classes that do not require accounting or finance as prerequisites.
Students who have prior coursework in accounting or finance are eligible to take placement exams, which, if passed, will enable the student to exempt this requirement. The assessment exams are available in both accounting and finance.