Elon Black Alumni Network
The Office of Alumni Engagement is committed to serving the full diversity of our alumni body in an inclusive way, as is its strong partnership with Elon Black Alumni Network (EBAN) since its founding.
Welcome to EBAN!
The Elon Black Alumni Network (EBAN) unites and represents the interests of Black alumni and strives to empower, connect, and celebrate Elon’s Black community. As an official affinity network of Elon, EBAN’s primary objectives include:
- Connecting EBAN alumni through various social, cultural, educational and community service events
- Developing and maintaining the connection between the university, students and fellow alumni
- Providing opportunities for networking and professional development
- Promoting and sustaining general alumni contributions to the university through the Black Alumni Scholarship
- Aiding in Black student recruitment and retention
- Developing new experiences and opportunities for Black alumni
Additionally, EBAN is involved in diversity initiatives related to Elon University, including collaborations with current students through the Center for Race, Ethnicity and Diversity Education, the Phillips-Perry Black Excellence Awards, and the Donning of the Kente Ceremony.
All Black identified graduates and students who complete at least one semester of coursework at Elon are considered members of EBAN. There are no dues to join.
But don’t stop there! You are invited to join an EBAN committee or contact La’ Tonya Wiley, Assistant Director of Affinity Networks and Engagement, about joining the leadership team. Also, remember to join our Facebook group for updated information about events and programs.