House Manager Application Process 2016-2017
The House Manager (formerly known as House Captain) is a student role model in the house and serves as the liaison to the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life concerning facility policies, house management and community building activities. This position will help you gain leadership skills such as conflict management, understanding group dynamics, event planning, time management skills, and provide the opportunity to work with your peers while creating a community of positive living. The compensation for the House Captain student leadership position is a $1,100 stipend during both the Fall and Spring Semesters ($2,200 total). House Managers who do not study abroad and are on campus during Winter Term will receive an additional $300 stipend for a total of $2,500 for the school year. House Managers are responsible for paying applicable room and board expenses just as other residents of the houses.
House Manager Selection Timeline 2016-17
- November 2 – House Manager applications posted online
- November 13 – House Manager application, resume and cover letter due to the FSL office, Moseley 224
- November 16 – December 1 – Candidate interviews (approx. 15-20 minutes each)
- December 7 – Candidates notified of decisions
- March 2016 (TBD) – First team meeting
- Review job description
- Complete application
- Submit current resume
- Submit cover letter addressing:Why are you applying for this position?
- What qualities do you have that would contribute to your success as a House Captain?
- What experiences have you gained from previous jobs and/or campus involvement that you believe have prepared you for this position?
- What are important aspects of a strong community?
- How would you work to build a strong community within your chapter house?
- Interview with Assistant Director and House Captain Coordinators