Panhellenic Association Sorority Recruitment
The National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) is the the world’s largest umbrella organization specifically charged with advancing the sorority experience. Through its advocacy, NPC seeks to enlist nearly 5 million sorority women in its efforts to showcase the transformational power of the sorority experience. There are nine NPC organizations with chapters at Elon University. These chapters, along with one affiliate member chapter, make up the campus-based Panhellenic Association (PA). The Panhellenic Association sets campus guidelines for its sororities and is responsible for coordinating various programs and educational opportunities for the community, including Panhellenic Sorority Formal Recruitment.
Congratulations on making the decision to learn about Panhellenic Sorority Formal Recruitment, which is the primary joining process for our Panhellenic Association sororities at Elon University! Your years at Elon will include many exciting learning experiences, one of which may include becoming a member of a Greek-letter organization. The Elon fraternity and sorority community has enhanced the lives of thousands of men and women, but there are important commitments that come with membership in a fraternal organization.
Five Things Every Woman Should Know Before Recruitment
- Time Commitment – Being in a sorority is like adding an additional class and there are requirements that take time including a six-week new member period, weekly chapter, philanthropy & social events. The new member period is filled with fun activities, but it is important to remember that they do take time.
- Philanthropy – Each organization has a philanthropy for which they raise awareness and donations. Each has a few events in each semester. It is important for members to attend their own philanthropy and to support others. Philanthropy offers members a chance to get involved with their own organizations and within the community.
- Financial Obligations – Every sorority has financial dues, which include: an initiation fee, monthly dues, university and national fee. Social and philanthropy events are example of what dues support. Each organization will discuss their dues during recruitment.
- Academics – Each member is held responsible for maintaining strong academics. Each organization has a GPA requirement that members need to reach in order to attend social events and participate fully in the chapter. Members are rewarded for having strong academics, and each organization offers various resources academically. This can include academic mentorship, scheduled study halls, and study abroad presentations. There are different programs and speakers brought to chapters throughout the year to educate members on important matters such as health and wellness, leadership, and professional development.
- Judicial – In order to participate fully in the organization, chapter members must be in good judicial standing with the chapter. Members are held to high standards within their organization and must remember that they are not only representations of their sorority, but also of Panhellenic.
Remember to keep an open mind & heart.
Elon University has a deferred joining policy for students interested in social fraternities or sororities. To be eligible to participate in recruitment/intake activities, students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Have earned at least 12 credits at Elon University or transferred to Elon with a minimum of 12 credit hours from another college or university
- Be in good standing with the university (not on academic or disciplinary probation)
- Meet the minimum GPA requirements of the respective governing council and/or organization. The Panhellenic Association has determined that all undergraduate female students who have obtained at least a 2.900 cumulative grade point average are eligible to register and participate in sorority recruitment – no exceptions.
- Complete the registration online and pay the $50 registration fee by the deadline
- Complete the online Potential New Member Orientation. After submitting the online registration, you will receive an email with the link and instructions for completing the Potential New Member Orientation.
Spring 2022 Recruitment Registration
The next opportunity to participate in Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment will be during the spring 2022 semester. You will have the opportunity to learn about registration information, recruitment dates, and other details for Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment in the coming months.