IFC Men’s Fraternity Recruitment
Thank you for taking the time to learn about Interfraternity Council Recruitment. Formal recruitment occurs each semester, however, the first opportunity for first-year students to join a fraternity will be spring 2020. Fall recruitment for returning and transfer students will occur September 10-15, 2019. A full list of recruitment events will be updated on this web page by the beginning of the school year.
If you have any questions about fraternity recruitment, please contact IFC Advisor Kristina Gallagher at email@example.com or 336-278-7214.
Elon University has a deferred joining policy for students interested in social fraternities or sororities. To be eligible to participate in recruitment/intake activities, students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Have earned at least 12 credits at Elon University or transferred to Elon with a minimum of 12 credit hours from another college or university
- Be in good standing with the university (not on academic or disciplinary probation)
- Meet the minimum GPA requirements of the respective governing council or organization. The Interfraternity Council has determined that all undergraduate male students who have obtained at least a 2.800 cumulative grade point average as of the closing date of the registration process are eligible to register and participate in fraternity recruitment. There are no exceptions to the GPA requirement.
- Complete the registration online (can be accessed at the link below) and pay the $35 recruitment registration fee. All participants are also required to attend IFC Recruitment Convocation, which will be the opening event of IFC recruitment. Details will be posted on this page once they are finalized by the IFC.
Fall 2019 IFC Recruitment Registration will be open for at least two weeks prior to recruitment – exact dates will be determined prior to the start of the fall semester. No late registrations will be accepted.
IFC recruitment is not limited to a student’s first year on campus, and the Interfraternity Council encourages all men whose GPA is below a 2.800 who wish to join a fraternity to consider increasing their overall GPA and participating future fall or spring recruitment.
Questions about appeals may be directed to the Student Involvement office at 336-278-7214.
Statement on Unrecognized Organizations
Lambda Chi Alpha (unrecognized since Fall 2017) was found responsible for significant violations of the Elon Honor Code and is not currently recognized by Elon University as a registered student organization. They are unable to participate in the recruitment of new members or community activities of any kind.
Alpha Epsilon Pi is recognized by the International Organization, but is not recognized by Elon University as a registered student organization.
For more information about these chapters contact Jordan King, Associate Director of Student Involvement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2019 Recruitment Schedule
Recruitment will occur September 10-15, 2019. Only students who completed the online registration process by the determined deadline will be eligible to participate in recruitment events and accept a bid for membership. Once grades are verified, all eligible registrants will receive a confirmation email from IFC.
The official schedule will be uploaded to this website prior to the start of the school year. For reference, you can view the schedule for the last formal recruitment process: