IFC Men’s Fraternity Recruitment
Thank you for taking the time to learn about Interfraternity Council Recruitment. Formal recruitment occurs each semester, however, the first opportunity for first-year students to join a fraternity will be spring 2020. Spring recruitment will occur February 10-16, 2020.
If you have any questions about fraternity recruitment, please contact Jordan King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-278-7214.
Elon University has a deferred joining policy for students interested in social, values-based fraternities or sororities. To be eligible to participate in recruitment/intake activities, students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Have earned at least 12 credits at Elon University or transferred to Elon with a minimum of 12 credit hours from another college or university.
- Be in good standing with the university (not on academic or disciplinary probation).
- Meet the minimum GPA requirements of the respective governing council or organization. The Interfraternity Council has determined that all undergraduate male students who have obtained at least a 2.800 cumulative grade point average as of the closing date of the registration process are eligible to register and participate in fraternity recruitment. There are no exceptions to the GPA requirement.
- Complete the registration online and pay the $35 recruitment registration fee. All participants are also required to attend IFC Recruitment Convocation, which will be the opening event of IFC recruitment. Details will be posted on this page once they are finalized by the IFC.
Spring 2020 IFC Fraternity Recruitment registration is now closed.
The registration deadline was 11:59 pm on Monday, January 20, 2020 – no late registrations will be accepted.
IFC recruitment is not limited to a student’s first year on campus, and the Interfraternity Council encourages all men whose GPA is below a 2.800 who wish to join a fraternity to consider increasing their overall GPA and participating future fall or spring recruitment.
Spring 2020 IFC Recruitment schedule
- Monday, February 10th – Orientation, 7:30pm in Alumni Gym
- Tuesday, February 11th – Guest speaker, Vince Fabra, 7:30pm in Whitley Auditorium
- Wednesday, February 12th – Loy Neighborhood House Hours, 7:30-10:00pm (all fraternities)
- Thursday, February 13th – Loy Neighborhood House Hours, 7:00-10:30pm
- 7:00-9:00pm – Delta Upsilon (Loy D), Pi Kappa Phi (Loy A), Sigma Chi (Loy J), Sigma Pi (Loy K), and Zeta Beta Tau (Loy O)
- 8:30-10:30pm – Alpha Epsilon Pi (Loy B), Beta Theta Pi (Loy M), Kappa Alpha Order (Loy I), Sigma Phi Epsilon (Loy N)
- Friday and Saturday, February 14-15th – Brotherhood events (various times and locations)
- Sunday, February 16th – Bid Day, bid will be delivered to residences from 12:30-2:30pm, followed by the Bid Acceptance Event at 4:00pm in the KOBC LaRose Theatre
Statement on Unrecognized Organizations
Kappa Sigma – The fraternity’s charter was revoked by the Kappa Sigma International Headquarters in Fall 2019. The fraternity had been found responsible for multiple Elon Honor Code violations, including incidents of disorderly conduct, unauthorized use of alcohol, compromising the well-being and academics of new members, and destruction and defacing of property. Kappa Sigma is not currently recognized by Elon University as a registered student organization. They are unable to function as an organization, recruit new members, or participate in community activities of any kind.
Lambda Chi Alpha – The fraternity was found responsible for significant violations of the Elon Honor Code and was suspended in Fall 2017. Lambda Chi Alpha is not currently recognized by Elon University as a registered student organization. They are unable to function as an organization, recruit new members, or participate in community activities of any kind.
“Old Pi Kapp” – Pi Kappa Phi was suspended in Spring 2015, but was reestablished as a recognized fraternity, with International Organization support, in Spring 2018 with an entirely new group of students. Some students from the original group may still be associating and recruiting members as an unrecognized group, completely disassociated from Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. This group is sometimes referred to as “Old Pi Kapp,” and is not a recognized organization at Elon University. They are unable to function as an organization, recruit new members, or participate in community activities of any kind.
For more information about these organizations contact Jordan King, Associate Director of Student Involvement, at email@example.com.