Each spring, the Department of Religious Studies selects students to receive the following awards:
- The Religion Scholar Award: Given to the rising senior whom the Religious Studies faculty determines to have done the most outstanding work in Religious Studies courses.
- The Thomas O. and Frances L. Pugh Award: Given to an outstanding graduating senior entering a graduate program in Religious Studies.
Theta Alpha Kappa is a National Honor Society in religious studies. To be eligible for membership in the Elon University chapter of this society, students must:
- have completed at least 48 hours of coursework at Elon (3 semester @ 16 hrs each)
- have completed at least 12 hours in REL courses
- maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA in REL courses
- maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA at Elon overall
- be in the top 35% of their class by GPA