We look forward to writing recommendations for internships, scholarships, study abroad, graduate school and employment. Writing a strong letter of recommendation, however, is time consuming. If you are requesting a recommendation from a Religious Studies faculty member, please use our Recommendation Request Form and follow these guidelines:
- Students should complete the Recommendation Request Form before contacting the faculty member.
- Two – four weeks’ advance notice is required for letters of recommendation. For multiple requests that have different deadlines, use the earliest deadline to determine the required lead time. Since it is helpful to draft all of your recommendations at one time, please identify all of the programs or jobs to which you will be applying before submitting a request.
- If a recommendation form is provided, please be sure to fill out the contact information (including the name, title, address and phone number of the faculty member) completely. You can find this information through the online Elon University Directory.
- Students should supply the recommender with a copy of their resume or CV, along with relevant cover letter or personal statement associated with the position or program to which they are applying.
- It is customary that students provide pre-addressed envelopes and postage unless other arrangements are made in advance.