Resources and Contacts for Teaching Questions
As you transition to Elon, you’ll find that many people can complement the help you are already receiving from your department chair and program assistant. Here are a few targeted resources as you get started:
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) can assist you in adapting courses you’ve taught elsewhere or as you develop new ones that are engaging and challenging. We would be happy to meet with you to talk about any aspect of your courses or teaching at Elon.
- CATL also has an extensive library of resources about teaching and learning. You can search for & borrow these using the main library database or browse the shelves in Belk Pavilion.
- You can find out more about CATL programs throughout the year on our website at www.elon.edu/teaching.
Belk Library offers a wide variety of resources and services for faculty, including:
- Librarians assigned to each department/program – see how we can help you and find your Liaison Librarian
- Library materials delivered to your office – find out how
- Online access to the New York Times and The Chronicle of Higher Education
Much more information is available on the Faculty and Staff resources at Belk Library guide.
Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT) can help you with all things related to instructional technology. TLT provides support for Moodle and other software, consults with faculty about integrating technology into courses, facilitates seminars and events, and can help you create multimedia course components and learning objects. TLT provides the support needed for the innovative use of technological tools, in the spirit of student-centered pedagogy and engaged learning. Visit www.elon.edu/technology for more information, including the Tech Knowledge Base.
“Figure out how to have your research, service, and teaching plans to overlap so that your time and energy is most effective and inspired.”
– Advice for your first year