HNR 498 Research Hours
Fellows are required to take 8 hours of HNR 498 in support of their thesis research. Students may begin taking these hours the semester they propose the thesis (junior fall or spring) and they may divide them up as fits their schedule, as long as 4 credit hours are taken in the senior year.
HNR 498 hours are taken during the fall and spring semesters, although exceptions are occasionally made for winter term if the student is not enrolled in other courses and understands the time demands of the compressed schedule.
The following forms are required for students involved in Honors thesis research. Necessary faculty forms can be found on the Mentoring in Honors page.
- Please use this link to sign up for HNR 498 Hours. Students, faculty and staff either have to be on campus to access the forms or use the AnyConnect VPN login to access the forms for security reasons. To aid you in filling out this form, you will find a list of the questions required here (498 Registration Questions).
- 498 Student Report.This report is due every semester in the student registers for HNR 498 hours. Completed forms should be sent to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on the final day of classes.
- IRB Information and Materials
- Reimbursement Form Updated 6-1-19 Funds for thesis research are eligible for reimbursement only once the thesis proposal has been approved. Students are eligible for up to $1000 in reimbursement. Please see the guidelines below for details and exceptions.
- Reimbursement Guidelines (video)