About the Colloquium Requirements
Honors students find many ways to learn outside the classroom and contribute to the academic climate of Elon. One great way is through the wide variety of speakers and cultural events sponsored by the university. The Cultural Calendar lists events scheduled on campus for each semester. All events on the Cultural Calendar count toward Honors students’ Colloquium requirement. Honors students are required to submit at least 5 cultural events for 6 of their 8 semesters at Elon. To record the events that you’ve attended, send an email to the Honors Program Colloquium account.
Don’t just go see the speaker or production – go a step further:
- Invite another student or two to go with you.
- Listen to the questions and answers afterwards and ask a provocative question of your own.
- Attend the dinner with the speaker before a Liberal Arts Forum event.
- Jot down a few notes about ideas that struck you.
- Get coffee afterwards and discuss your reactions with others.