The Honors Program at Elon University is a community of exceptional students from all majors. This four-year program offers all the best features of an Elon education: challenging courses with strong faculty mentors, exciting research opportunities, exposure to international perspectives through global study, and a community of faculty and student inquirers who want to be fully engaged in a rewarding academic experience.
- Encourage students to explore new ideas through small, discussion-based, innovative arts and sciences courses
- Strengthen students’ critical thinking, research and communication skills
- Create an intellectual community that extends beyond classroom walls
- Challenge and support Honors Fellows in the highest possible academic achievements
- Prepare students to excel in graduate or professional pursuits as independent, ethical, open-minded, lifelong learners and community members
Some Benefits of Elon’s Honors Fellows Program
- A community of bright, curious, hard-working students
- $13,500 Honors Scholarship applied to tuition, plus $6000 Presidential Scholarship, totaling $19,500 annually, or $78,000 over the four years of the program
- Small, innovative courses developed specially for the Honors Program
Strong faculty support-as teachers, mentors, and advisors
- Two Honors living and learning communities available (Kenan Pavilion and Colonnades C)
- Thesis research with a faculty mentor: in-depth study in your major over junior and senior years
- Thesis research grant of up to $1000 (other opportunities through the Undergraduate Research Program)
- Study abroad grant of $1000 for Elon-approved programs
- Colloquium opportunities and incentives
- Honors Elon 101 class (first year advising seminar)
- Peer mentor system
- Information and advising related to national fellowships and Lumen scholarships.
We invite current students, prospective students and faculty to explore our Web site to learn more about our mission, curriculum, people and opportunities. More information is also available in Honors Handout-2018. For more information about the program, please contact the Honors Director, Dr. Lynn Huber (firstname.lastname@example.org).