Elon’s LGBTQIA alumni network facilitates the following committees:
- Provides timely, relevant and meaningful multimedia content to current and future LGBTQIA alumni.
- Helps market the LGBTQIA alumni network at university and community events, functions, activities, etc.
- Assists with maintenance of the main website and reports committee notes and information.
Homecoming & Special Events Committee:
- Creates a safe and fun environment for LGBTQIA students, alumni, faculty, staff and their families during Elon’s Homecoming.
- Hosts or co-hosts special events throughout the year including but not limited to social, service and educational events for the community and their families.
Outreach & Networking Committee:
- Creates a support system of professional alumni and Elon University faculty and staff who offer advice, guidance and opportunities for current students and alumni. This will be done through a mentoring program for current students and through networking and professional development opportunities.
- Works closely with the Student Professional Development Center to support the needs of LGBTQIA students and
- promotes active involvement on behalf of LGBTQIA alumni within the Elon Mentor Network.
- The committee will also serve as an advocate for current LGBTQIA Elon University faculty and staff to ensure that these important stakeholders are having their needs met by the University.
Awards & Recognition Committee: Recognizes LGBTQIA alumni, faculty, staff, and students who have made a significant contribution to the university and/or have made significant/historical contributions to LGBTQIA people and the overall society. The Awards & Recognition Committee will encourage alumni, faculty, staff, and students to nominate people each year and select a class of awardees that will be comprised of 3-5 people.
Scholarship & Philanthropy Committee: The Scholarship & Philanthropy Committee will develop recommendations regarding funds, programs and projects that the alumni network will officially support. The committee will collaborate with the communication committee develop the messages and campaigns to encourage giving. The committee will also develop an annual calendar and plan for a long-term fundraising goal and a possible scholarship fund for the network.
Please contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com with any questions or if you are interested in joining a committee.