Thank you for your interest in the EBAN Mentorship Program! This program is open to all black identified 3rd and 4th year Elon University undergraduate students. Approximately 25-30 students will be selected to join the program. In the event of an overwhelming response, a group of finalists will be selected from the initial applicant pool to complete short phone interviews with a member of the selection committee.
If you participated in the Mentorship Program last year, you do not need to reapply. An email will be sent to you with directions on how to continue.
Each selected student will be paired with an EBAN alumni mentor to develop a personal and professional networking relationship. The first month of the program will consist of attending weekly virtual professional skill-building sessions, Mentorship Bootcamp Series, with your mentor. After the Mentorship Bootcamp Series, you will select a topic or professional goal to focus on with your mentor between the months of March – May.
While each mentor pair relationship will be unique, the basic participation requirements include:
- Participation in weekly, real-time Mentorship Bootcamp Series (every Sunday starting January 24, 2021 through the end of February)
- Communication with Mentor after the Mentorship Bootcamp Series (March-May)
- Commitment to the mentoring relationship for at least 1 academic semester
- Completion of program evaluation activities
The selection timeline is as follows:
- Early Application Deadline December 5, 2020
- Final Application Deadline January 8, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance January 15, 2021
- Notification of Pairing January 20, 2021