Fiscal Year End Reminders:
- The final Accounts Payable check run for FY’18 will be Tuesday, June 5th.
- Goods must have been received on or before May 31, 2018 to be paid from the FY’18 budget.
- If any Purchase Orders need to be paid from the 2018 budget year, you will need to have received the product and forwarded your signed and dated Purchase Order Receiving Report (“white sheet”) to Gail Key in Accounting at CB 2900 by 6/1/18.
- If you receive the invoice with the product, please send the invoice to Accounting along with the signed and dated Purchase Order Receiving Report (“white sheet”).
- In order for purchases made with your P-Card to be paid from the current fiscal year, the charge must post to your P-card account no later than May 27th and must appear on your May 2018 statement. Both the merchant and Bank of America need time to process the transaction (usually 2-5 business days). Legally, the merchant cannot charge your card until the item(s) purchased ships.
The Accounting department provides financial services to Elon University and its community associates. Our office is responsible for the day-to-day financial workings of the University including accounts payable, payroll, budget and grants management, external reporting and tax issues. We are committed to providing accurate and helpful financial information, as well as exceptional assistance to the Elon community.
Fiscal Year: June 1 – May 31
Our Accounting Staff has associations with several professional organizations including the following:
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers
- American Payroll Association
- International Accounts Payable Professionals
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants