- An Elon student, student organization, faculty or staff member must sponsor all postings, including digital signage.
- The name of the contact person/organization/department must appear on each item.
- All items posted must include a contact telephone number and/or email address along with the date of posting.
Postings must abide by the Code of Conduct, the University’s non-discrimination policies, and all policies in the Student Handbook.
- Flyers may only be posted on designated bulletin boards.
- Flyers may NOT be posted on walls, windows, or exterior doors. In most situations, this is due to Fire Code or ADA requirements. (For bulletin board locations, see the list below.)
- Advertising may not include the mention or representation of drugs or alcoholic beverages. Examples include, but are not limited to, mention of happy hour, BYOB, drawings of kegs, beer mugs, liquor, etc.
- Groups wishing to utilize digital signs can consult the Digital Signs section of the Technology website for submission guidelines.
- Off-campus businesses or events can not advertise on bulletin boards or digital signs. Any off-campus business must advertise in the Pendulum.
- Postings should be displayed until the day after an event and/or for no longer than two weeks (e.g. notices for new classes, etc.)
- Those responsible for posting flyers should also remove them within 24 hours of the event or within the two week period for other postings.
- Groups wishing to utilize in-ground signs must receive approval from Physical Plant at (336) 278-5500.
If University policies are violated, the Moseley Center Staff (or designee) may remove the posting and forward information to Student Conduct if appropriate. Repeat offenses may, at the minimum, result in a student or organization’s loss of posting privileges.
Spaces Approved for Advertising:
The designated approved spaces are listed below. Each building has specific locations on where the flyer can be posted. Please be cautious and diligent in finding the correct designated boards to hang your advertising. Please hang all postings with painters tape or thumbtacks.
- Acorn Coffee Shop
- Alamance: 2nd and 3rd floors (in the vestibule)
- Campus Rec: Front Desk
- KOBC: Atrium Tables
- McEwen School of Communications: 2nd floor board
- McMichael Patio
- Moseley Center: Mail Services, Student Center, and hallway outside Irazú
- Numen Lumen Pavilion: Oasis Bulletin Board (located in room 203) – Please check in with the Numen Lumen front desk first
- Residential Halls – Items should be submitted through the main Residence Life Office located in Global C -Jackson Hall
Please do not post flyers on windows or doors made of glass. This is against the university’s fire code and is punishable by a fine. If a flyer is found in violation of any of the posting policies the organization responsible will not be permitted to post flyers.