7 Easy Steps to Event Registration
- Begin planning your event preferably at least three weeks in advance. Events may require more planning days depending on varying degrees of preparation required for the event.
- At least business 10 days prior to the event, go online to PhoenixCONNECT to submit your event request.
- If your event is connected to a student organization, find their page and click on the “Events” tab under their cover photo. OR, if your event is NOT sponsored by a student organization or university department, submit it through the PhoenixCONNECT Elon Events page.
- The online event registration form will prompt you to complete requests for security officers or other service providers (media, moving and set ups, etc.).
- The Moseley Center Staff will confirm your event after all spaces have been assigned and have been approved by the appropriate offices.
- You will receive a confirmation email after your event has been confirmed. After you receive this confirmation, begin promoting your event.
- Follow up with service providers if needed.
Risk Management Guidelines
Basic Event Information
- All events have some element of risk. Event planners must work diligently to identify potential risks and minimize those risks.
- Thorough planning and following established risk management guidelines are the most effective means to reduce risk of harm or litigation.
- All student organizations and university programs are required to send one representative to attend event training each semester. The president and/or social chair are recommended.
- Event requests are due at least 10 business days prior to the event. Late proposals will not be accepted.
- Student organization events scheduled Sunday – Thursday must be concluded by 11 p.m.
- Events for Friday and Saturday must conclude by 2 a.m.
- The Corq mobile app pulls all open events registered through PhoenixCONNECT and puts them on that calendar.
- All publicity about events must follow the Elon University Posting Policy found on the Moseley website and Student Handbook.
- Groups may want to advertise confirmed events through the Elon News Network.
Use of University Name and Phoenix Logo
- If you are interested in using the University’s name or logo, please contact Administrative Services. Administrative Services must approve all uses of the name and related images.
- Guidelines for use can be found on the University’s Identity Standards web page.
For complete information, visit this section in the Student Handbook.
- The University does not allow any form of raffle or chance drawing. This includes on or off-campus events.
- Any organization that wishes to solicit prizes and gifts (including monetary gifts and sponsorships) from companies must first submit an Event Registration form through PhoenixCONNECT. In certain circumstances, students may also be required, through the registration process, to obtain permission from the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Alcohol is prohibited at fundraising events.
- Groups who do not follow risk management guidelines or violate event requirements may be referred to the Office of Student Conduct. Social privileges may be suspended pending the outcome of that process.
For additional information regarding the use of alcohol at events or having an event open to off-campus guests, please contact the Office of Student Involvement, (336) 278-7214.