Requesting a Vehicle
The PhoenixCONNECT scheduling system is designed to help you secure a van or other vehicle for your organization’s travel needs. If you have questions or concerns about how long you can reserve a vehicle, please contact the Moseley Front Desk (336-278-7215). For additional guidance on this process, please visit the Student Event Registration page. PhoenixCONNECT will ask for the following information: list of passengers and driver(s), mileage, and destination. Please be prepared to show additional information if necessary.
For Faculty and Staff
The 25Live scheduling system is designed to help you reserve a van or other vehicle for your University related travel needs. If you have questions or concerns about how long you can reserve a van, please contact the Moseley Front Desk (336-278-7215).
For information on Elon University’s formal policies regarding vehicle use, please refer to the Travel Policies for Students.
Things to Remember
Elon University is an engaged and mobile campus. The Moseley Center has the responsibility to reserve and manage a fleet of 16 vehicles. As users of this service, please assist the Moseley Center staff by maintaining the vehicles.Here are some ways you can assist:
If you are a student, please request vans via PhoenixConnect.
- If you are faculty or staff, please request vans via 25Live.
- Request vehicles as soon as you know there is a need from your organization.
- Please provide all essential information requested on form.
- Inform the Moseley Center front desk if your travel plans change. If you don’t need all the
vans reserved for you, please notify the Moseley Front Desk.
- Complete and return mileage card at appropriate times.
- Inform Moseley Center staff of any maintenance problems as soon as possible.
- Return vehicles to the Danieley Center O & P Lots where you initially found them parked.
Your organization may be charged a fee of $50 per van if one of the following occurs:
- Vehicle is not refilled to full after reservation
- Mileage card is not completed correctly
- Vehicle is not parked in correct lot
- Vehicle is not cleaned
Any misuse of the van can result in loss of privileges to operate vehicles. The Administrative
Services Office reserves the right to revoke driving privileges pertaining to driving incidents.
Moseley Center has four types of vehicles that can be reserved. Each vehicle requires a
different level of approval and certification before operating. All vehicles require a completed
online application and approved driving history as outlined by the University’s insurance
provider. Until further notice, face coverings will be optional on all vehicles.
The available vans are as follows:
- 7 Passenger Mini-Vans: These vehicles require you to be registered and approved
through the Office of Administrative Services.
- Capacity: Driver + 6 Passengers
- 12 Passenger Vans: These vehicles require passing an online module and a directed
road test in the vehicle.
- Capacity: Driver + 11 Passengers
- 15 Passenger Mini-Bus: This vehicle requires the driver to successfully pass the 12 passenger training and complete a road test in the Mini-Bus. Driver must be at least 21 years of age.
- Capacity: Driver + 14 Passengers
- 25 Passenger Bus: This vehicle requires the driver to hold a valid Commercial Driver’s
License (CDL). This is managed through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Capacity: Driver + 25 Passengers