Reserve a Van through Moseley Front Desk
The PhoenixCONNECT scheduling system is designed to help you secure a van or other vehicle for your organization’s travel needs. If you have questions or concerns about how long you can reserve a vehicle, please contact the Moseley Front Desk (336-278-7215). For additional guidance on this process, please visit the Student Event Registration page. PhoenixCONNECT will ask for the following information: list of passengers and driver(s), mileage, and destination. Please be prepared to show additional information if necessary.
For Faculty and Staff
The 25Live scheduling system is designed to help you reserve a van or other vehicle for your University related travel needs. If you have questions or concerns about how long you can reserve a van, please contact the Moseley Front Desk (336-278-7215).
For information on Elon University’s formal policies regarding vehicle use, please refer to the Travel Policies for Students.
Things to Remember
Student Groups: If the vehicle is traveling over 60 miles from the university and/or is an overnight trip, a staff/faculty advisor must be present and in the van. The advisor cannot drive separate.
Picking up the Vehicle
*See below for pick-up/parking map*
- When picking up the van keys, please allow enough time for the Moseley Front Desk staff to find your reservation in 25Live/PhoenixCONNECT, obtain the van keys, and answer any questions that you may have about van usage.
- When given your key, you will also receive a mileage card. This card requires you to write down the start mileage on your van and the end mileage once your trip is over. We also require you to write down the amount of gas deposited in your van throughout your trip on this card.
Returning your Vehicle
- You are responsible to completely fill the van with gas before returning your keys at the end of your reservation. Even in the case where an organization only drove a few miles, you are still required to replace the gas that was used. Please fill up the tank until the gas dispenser “clicks”, meaning that it is completely full.
- If your organization uses University vans frequently, you may want to consider purchasing a BP Gas Card. This will make the process of returning your vans much smoother, and will make it easier to completely fill your van with gas each time.
- Please clean the vehicle prior to bringing the keys back to the front desk, remembering to remove all personal items and trash from the vehicle.
- When you bring your van(s) back to campus, please park the vehicle(s) in a designated space in the Danieley O & P Parking Lot.
- Please promptly return your key(s) and mileage card(s) to Moseley Front Desk at the end of your reservation. During busy times at Elon, organizations may have specific vans reserved near the time that your organization’s reservation ended with the same vans. If it is not brought back promptly, another organization’s trip may not be able to begin at its scheduled time.
- Any maintenance problems, accidents or tickets should be reported to Moseley Center Front Desk immediately.