Vice President for Student Life Jon Dooley shared information on Tuesday, Oct. 12, about operations and safety on campus during Fall Break, which runs from the conclusion of evening classes on Wednesday, Oct. 13, through Sunday, Oct. 17.
Fall Break for undergraduate students and some graduate programs begins Wednesday, October 13 following evening classes and ends at 8 a.m. on Monday, October 18.
As a reminder, throughout this time Campus Safety & Police will operate as normal, 24-hours per day, and can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also assist with connections to the Student Life on-call administrators and on-call counselors. SAFEline is also always available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support with identity-based bias, sexual violence, or interpersonal violence – they can also be a confidential resource to access on-call violence responders.
Below are hours of student services operations during the break. Please note that University offices will be closed on Friday, October 15 for a Fall Break Day.
- Asymptomatic testing in McCoy Commons, 207:
- Wednesday, October 13: 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 14: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- No asymptomatic testing on campus Friday, October 15 through Sunday, October 17
- Anyone with a regular testing appointment on Thursdays or Fridays is encouraged to come any time earlier in the week.
- Note that wait times for walk-up testing immediately before and after Fall Break may be a bit longer than normal.
- Symptomatic student testing at Student Health Services:
- Wednesday, October 13: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday, October 14 and 15: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, October 16 and 17: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Visit the testing page of the Healthy Elon website for other off-campus COVID-19 testing options.
- The Belk Library will be open throughout the Fall Break, closing by 5 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information about library hours for Phoenix card holders and community members.
Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Recreation and Wellness facilities will remain open during the Fall Break, but most will have modified hours. The new outdoor fitness court will also be available throughout Fall Break.
- Visit the Campus Recreation and Wellness website for detailed information about facilities and programs.
- Open for appointments during regular hours Thursday, October 14, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Closed Friday, October 15.
- The new TimelyCare mental telehealth service is available 24/7 throughout the break.
- The crisis counselor on-call also remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222.
- If a student is experiencing a psychological emergency that is life-threatening or involves imminent danger (risk of harm to self or others at any time), call 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- All dining locations will have modified hours for the Fall Break, with Lakeside serving as the primary dining hall open Thursday, October 14 through Saturday, October 16.
- Visit the menu-hours page of the Elon Dining website for the latest update information about dining location hours and menus.
- The Moseley Center will be open throughout the Fall Break, closing by 9 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Visit the Moseley Center website for information about adjusted hours of operation.
Mail Services will be closed Friday, October 15 through Sunday, October 17.
Visit the Mail Services website for updated hours and operations.
- Residence Halls do not close during Fall Break.
- Offices remain open during the break during regular weekday business hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., except Friday, October 15 when University offices are closed.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services will be open for appointments throughout the Fall Break:
- Thursday, October 14: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Friday, October 15: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Saturday, October 16: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, October 17: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Visit the Student Health Services website for Information about after-hours care and resources in the community.
- The new TimelyCare medical telehealth service is available 24/7 throughout the break.
Transportation and Elon Express
Transportation and the Elon Express will continue to provide services on a reduced schedule.
Thursday, October 14 and Friday, October 15: Haggard Avenue route will run one bus every 30 minutes from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday, October 14 through Sunday, October 17: University Drive Line will run the normal schedule.
Thursday, October 14 through Sunday, October 17: Danieley Tram will run 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, October 18: All transportation services resume regular schedules at 7 a.m.
Visit the Elon University Transportation website for the latest news, updates, after-hours resources, and real-time route tracking.
Best wishes for a safe and relaxing break.
Dr. Jon Dooley
Vice President for Student Life