Some highlights of what students can expect when they return to campus include late night movies, super bingo, do-it-yourself craft kits, virtual trivia, small group competitions, and online painting classes.
We are focusing on physically distanced live events as much as possible and providing opportunities for our students to gather socially, but in smaller groups. As plans finalized, we are encouraging students to visit PhoenixCONNECT for a full list of upcoming campus events and opportunities to build community.
Late Night Elon programmatic offerings this fall will include:
- Rotating Thursday night series, including trivia, bingo and coffee house events
- Weekly movie series every Friday and Saturday night
- DIY craft kits that can be completed each weekend either individually or in small groups
- Drive-in outdoor movie in designated parking area on campus
- Virtual painting classes – Punch n’ Paint
- Pumpkin carving competition – part of the Tradition Council’s From the Flames challenge
- Homecoming ‘E’ painting competition – part of the Traditions Council’s From the Flames challenge
For a full calendar of student events, please visit PhoenixCONNECT.
Fall Organization Fair
Due to the size and scope of this important gathering, we are planning for a virtual organization fair. The Fall Org Fair will be taking place on Friday, August 21st from 4:30-6:30pm.
Information was shared with organization leaders and advisors regarding the format of the event. Student Involvement is working student organizations to create a Google Slide Deck, which will serve as a “guide book” that students can use to navigate the event. All organizations and groups that participate will have a slide that provides information about their organization, as well as a link to their virtual ‘room’ – Their room serves as their organization’s “table” during the event, where they can share information directly with prospective members.
Student Involvement will be sharing information with Orientation Leaders and Resident Assistants, so that they are able to assist incoming students in navigating this event. For information about the Org Fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 336-278-7214, or stop by our offices in Moseley 206 & 207.