2022 Student Tailgating
A group of Elon students or a student organization can sign-up to tailgate on Bank of America Drive. Tailgating on Bank of America Drive costs $25 and includes a tent and 1 table. Tailgating starts 4 hours prior to kick-off.
Our expectations for ALL TAILGATERS are listed below:
- Tailgating is a vibrant and family friendly environment. Please be respectful of those surrounding you, being mindful of your choice of language and volume of music. We want the tailgating experience to be enjoyed by all. Groups are personally responsible for making sure their guests act appropriately.
- Student groups may enter the parking area 4 hours before game time. All events and activities must end by the end of the 1st quarter.
- All groups are responsible for making sure their tailgating area is cleaned prior to departing for the game.
- All trash/recyclable items must be picked up and sorted into proper receptacles. This includes trash around your area. Trash should be closed in bags or trash containers. All cigarette butts must be picked up. All leftover food/beverages must be placed in proper containers and stored.
- All clean up procedures must be completed before entering the stadium.
- Alcohol (beer and wine only) will be permitted in the tailgating area. No common containers (kegs, boxed wine, etc…) will be allowed. Individuals over 21 years of age must provide their own alcoholic beverages. Groups are responsible for making sure only those who are 21 years of age or older consume alcohol. All beverages, including alcohol, must be in opaque cups. All alcoholic beverages must remain in coolers or closed containers and not out in the open. Inappropriate behavior by a guest may result in that person being removed from the tailgate area.
- What is a tailgate without great food? Groups may bring their own picnic items and food to the tailgate parking area. Grilling is permitted in the tailgate area. All grills must be elevated. All catered events must go through Elon Dining.
- Groups who tailgate must uphold these community standards:
- Do not transport individuals in the back of pickup trucks. (Nor should they be allowed to stand in or on the vehicles.)
- Provide food for their group.
- Provide plenty of non-alcoholic beverages, but do NOT provide alcoholic beverages.
- Clean up tailgate area.
- No group or individual is permitted to participate in “drinking games” (i.e. beer pong, flip cup, etc…).
- Student groups may sign-up for (1) 10×10 tent and 1 table for $25 per game. Because the cost of the tents is heavily subsidized by student activity fees, students must be the primary audience for the tailgates in the Student Tailgate area on Bank of America Dr.
- One parking pass is provided for all student groups who reserve a tent in the Student Tailgate area.