CATL Teaching and Learning Grants
CATL’s Teaching and Learning Grants support faculty in their efforts to pilot innovative, inclusive and/or research-based teaching and learning projects or to conduct teaching and learning-related scholarship. This grant program will be of particular interest to those who wish to:
- experiment with innovative teaching or learning strategies or assignments
- pilot engaged learning strategies in a curriculum with an evidence-based approach
- use academic data to understand and improve student engagement, or
- evaluate the impact of innovative and/or engaged teaching strategies in a course.
Grants typically range from $1,000 to $5,000 and are awarded to support start-up and one-time expenses (materials, stipends, professional development opportunities, and so on), but do not pay for ongoing operational costs or a course reassignment. At the end of the academic year, CATL will request a brief report on the grant results to potentially be shared on the CATL website. Completion of grant reports is required before team members can apply for or receive future grants.
Applying for a Teaching & Learning Grant:
Eligibility: We welcome applications from individuals or teams of full-time, ongoing teaching faculty.
Application: Teaching and Learning Grant
Deadlines: Applications for the Teaching & Learning grants are due:
- Fall deadline: Monday, October 16, 2023, by 5 pm
- Spring deadline: Friday, April 12, 2024, by 5 pm
Accessing funding: If you are awarded a grant, the Teaching and Learning Grant Reimbursement Form can be completed and sent to the CATL Program Coordinator (along with applicable receipts) for reimbursement. This can be done electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through campus mail to Campus Box 2610. If you have questions about additional ways to access funding, please contact the CATL Program Coordinator (call: x5106 or email email@example.com).