In addition to completing undergraduate requirements in 3.5 years, student’s opportunity for admission and enrollment into Elon’s graduate PA and PT programs is contingent upon completion of targeted programming throughout their undergraduate career and fulfillment of the following during their time at Elon.
- Meet all requirements for matriculation into the Elon University PA or PT programs*
- Maintain a 3.3 cumulative undergraduate GPA and a 3.0 science GPA
- Complete all science prerequisites required for admission to the graduate programs
- Receive a grade of “C” or better in each prerequisite course
- Submit a competitive Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score (PT Pathway students only)
- Complete the minimum hours as outlined by program requirements of volunteer or work experience in a healthcare setting
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one from a healthcare professional and one from a faculty member
- Attend all meetings with assigned major and School of Health Sciences advisor
- Participate in required targeted programming designed to ensure academic and professional readiness for enrollment into the Elon University PA and PT programs
- Following completion of all requirements, participate in a PA or PT interview
*Members of the Elon University Accelerated Pathways Program must meet all requirements for matriculation into the Elon University Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (PA) or Doctor of Physical Therapy (PT) programs. The PA and PT admissions committees may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis in the event that graduate admissions requirements are modified during the AP student’s undergraduate experience.
Further details about these requirements can be found in the Elon University Accelerated Pathways Program Contract. If you have questions, please contact Tracey Thurnes, director of the Accelerated Pathways Program.