Established in 1994, The Elon Society is the university’s leadership annual giving community that includes all donors who make a gift of $1,500 or more each year, for any purpose. Renewable annually, Elon Society membership recognizes the university’s most generous alumni, parents and friends. These donors, through their philanthropy, sustain the deeply impactful experience received by all Elon students. Throughout the academic year, Elon Society members receive invitations to special university functions and events.
Eligible contributions include endowment and capital gifts as well as gifts to the university’s annual funds: Elon’s Greatest Needs, Parents & Grandparents Fund, School of Law Annual Scholarship Fund and the Phoenix Club. Annual gifts to schools, departments and programs also qualify for Elon Society recognition.
The Elon Society giving circles recognize donors who through their generous annual gifts preserve the hallmarks of an Elon education.
- Founder’s Circle: $50,000 and above
- Chairman’s Circle: $25,000-$49,999
- President’s Circle: $10,000-$24,999
- Provost’s Circle: $5,000-$9,999
- Leadership Circle: $2,500-$4,999
- Elon Society Member: $1,500-$2,499
Young Alumni Membership
Undergraduate alumni who graduated in the past 10 years are eligible for Elon Society membership at the special rates below:
- Classes of 2016-2020: $500
- Classes of 2011-2015: $1,000
Leaders in Impact
Each year Elon Society donors provide leadership support that sustains the university’s high-impact learning environment. This includes support for the following priorities:
- Scholarship support for students
- Transformative academic programs
- The Elon Experiences: study abroad, internships, service, undergraduate research and leadership
- Outstanding faculty scholars
- Innovative campus environment
For inquiries, contact Jonathan Miller, director of development and the Elon Society, at (336) 278-7478 or email@example.com.