Established in 1994, the Elon Society is the university’s leadership annual giving community that includes all donors who make a gift of $1,500 or more each fiscal year (June 1-May 31), for any purpose. Each year, the Elon Society recognizes the university’s most generous alumni, parents and friends. These donors, through their philanthropy, sustain the deeply impactful experience received by all Elon students. Throughout the academic year, Elon Society members receive invitations to special university functions and events.
Eligible contributions include endowment and capital gifts as well as gifts to the university’s annual funds: Elon’s Greatest Needs, Parents & Grandparents Fund, School of Law Annual Scholarship Fund and the Phoenix Club. Annual gifts to schools, departments and programs also qualify for Elon Society recognition.
The Elon Society giving circles recognize donors who through their generous annual gifts preserve the hallmarks of an Elon education.
- Founder’s Circle: $50,000 and above
- Chairman’s Circle: $25,000-$49,999
- President’s Circle: $10,000-$24,999
- Provost’s Circle: $5,000-$9,999
- Leadership Circle: $2,500-$4,999
- Elon Society Donor: $1,500-$2,499
Young Alumni Level
Undergraduate alumni who graduated in the past 10 years are eligible for Elon Society recognition at the special rates below:
- Classes of 2019-2023: $500
- Classes of 2014-2018: $1,000
Leaders in Impact
Each year Elon Society donors provide leadership support that sustains the university’s high-impact learning environment. This includes support for the following priorities:
- Scholarship support for students
- Transformative academic programs
- The Elon Experiences: study abroad, internships, service, undergraduate research and leadership
- Outstanding faculty scholars
- Innovative campus environment
For inquiries, contact Lauren Forbis, Director of Annual Giving, at (336) 278-7459 or email@example.com.