Human Resources Compliance, Equal Opportunity and Title IX Specialist:
- Jade joins us from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro where she served as a Financial Aid Counselor.
- Jade gained experience in managing compliance with federal, state, and institutional policies while in UNCG’s Financial Aid Office. She is currently pursuing her M.S. in Higher Education Administration at North Carolina Central University and will graduate in December 2022. Jade earned her Bachelors of Arts in Hispanic Languages and Literature at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Associate Director of Support Operations:
- Rebecca joins us from the Partnership for Children of Cumberland County in Fayetteville, NC.
- She served many roles for the organization including her recent post as Vice President for Information Technology overseeing systems support, on-prem and cloud-based networking, telecommunications, mobility, and cybersecurity among other tasks.
- Her prior roles included IT Help Desk Specialist, Information Systems Coordinator, and Information Technology Manager.
- She is accomplished at managing projects, implementing innovative technology initiatives, leadership development, public outreach, and professional presentations.
Assistant Director of Student Conduct:
- B.S., Winthrop University; M.S.E., Indiana University
- Imani joins us from Indiana University where she was a Graduate Supervisor for Briscoe Residence Center and served as a Graduate Hearing Office.
Lab Manager for the Department of Chemistry:
- M.Ed. in Science Education from North Carolina State University, BS in Chemistry from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Joins us from NC State where she served as their organic chemistry lab supervisor and the chemistry department safety officer
- Scholarly interests include Chemistry and Science Education, chemical hygiene and lab safety, creating positive, community-based learning environments, qualitative and quantitative evaluation
Assistant Director of the Center for Leadership:
- B.A., The Ohio State University; M.S. in Higher Ed., Florida State University
- Olivia joins us having served as the Graduate Assistant for Service Leadership Programs with The Center for Leadership and Social Change at Florida State University.
Community Director for the East Neighborhood:
- B.S., Elon University
- Xavier has been working for the past two years with Fastenal as a Branch Operations Manager.
Assistant Dean of Campus Life/Director of Residence Life:
- B.A., University of Wisconsin University; M.S., Indiana University
- Kirsten joins us from Pitzer College where she held the position of Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life and Conference Services.
- She assisted in creating and implementing a Bias Education and Community Response Team and a Staff Advocacy for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee on campus.
Senior Associate AD for External Operations:
- Jason joins us from Old Dominion University where he served as the Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Operations and Revenue Generation.
- Jason also served in athletic department external operations roles with Sam Houston State University, and High Point University. He holds a BS in Business Administration from UNC-Chapel Hill, an MBA and Master of Sports Administration and Facility Management from Ohio University, and a Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership from Sam Houston State University.
Engineering and Physical Sciences Librarian:
- Ellen joins us from the Missouri University of Science and Technology where she was a Research Librarian at the Curtis Laws Wilson Library.
- Ellen has prior experience as a research assistant in the libraries at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. She holds a BA in Global Studies and French from UNC-Chapel Hill and a Master of Science in Library Science from UNC-Chapel-Hill.
Director of Video Scouting and Recruiting Operations:
- Sydney comes to Elon from Texas A&M University where she served as Video Coordinator for the women’s basketball program.
- Sydney is a graduate of Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi and was a student-athlete on the women’s basketball team.
Accommodations Specialist, Disabilities Resources:
- Alex joins us from Washington College in Chestertown, MD, where he served as a Disability Access Specialist.
- Alex earned an M.Ed in Higher Education from Penn State University, and gained additional experience in the Disabilities Services field by serving as a graduate intern and graduate assistant at the College of William and Mary
Assistant Director of Academic-Residential Partnerships for Dining Engagement:
- B.S., Greensboro College; M.Ed., University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- Devin joins us from the University of North Carolina - Greensboro where she served as the Programming Graduate Assistant in the office of campus activities and programs.
Student Success Coordinator, Love School of Business:
- Customer service industry experience for 24 years
- BS in Psychology in progress at Arizona State University
- Committed to student success and creating an environment where every student feels welcomed, supported and equipped to succeed.
Assistant Director for the CREDE:
- B.A. and M.E.; North Carolina State University=
- George joins us from North Carolina State University where he served as a Graduate Assistant in University Housing in a first-year community with 650 residents.
- Lindsay graduated from Elon in 2022 with a degree in Psychology
- Lindsay will work with students from her home state of Connecticut and upstate New York.
Director of Women’s Basketball Operations:
- Kaila came to Elon from the University of Pittsburgh where she served as Director of Recruiting.
- She is a graduate of N.C. State University and was a student-athlete on the Wolfpack women’s basketball team.
Academic Advising Fellow, Office of Academic Advising:
- Mike joins the Office of Academic Advising after spending the 2021-2022 academic year as an Athletics Academic Support Assistant at Elon University.
- Mike recently graduated from the University of Washington with a Master of Education in Intercollegiate Athletic Leadership.
- Mike’s prior experience has focused on student development and academic progress, guidance of student-athletes in creating four-year graduation plans, and programming in areas such as professional networking and financial literacy.
Community Director for Station at Mill Point:
- B.A., Belmont University; M.H.E., Elon University
- Casey was a Graduate Apprentice in Residence Life for two years while completing her M.H.E. at Elon.
Weekend Violence Responder:
- LaTanya is currently the Director of Underserved Programs for Family Abuse Services of Alamance County.
- As the Weekend Violence Responder, LaTanya will provide immediate response for all reported acts of gender-based violence and identity-based bias that occur within the campus community.
Executive Director, Center for Access and Success :
- B.S., University of Kentucky; M.S., North Carolina A&T University; Ed.S. and Ed.D., University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Dr. Free joins us from Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY where she served as the State 4-H Program Leader, 4-H Specialist, and the Director of the Rosenwald 4-H Youth Development Center.
Student Information Systems Technician:
- B.S., Elon University
- Annica worked in the Registrar’s Office for three years as a Student Assistant and Student Ambassador
- Some of Annica’s new responsibilities include overseeing data management and reporting, and room scheduling
Rabbi Maor Greene
Interim Associate Chaplain for Jewish Life:
- B.S., Duke University; M.D., Princeton Theological Seminary; M.A., Hebrew University; Ph.D., Jewish Theological Seminary
- Maor comes to Elon from Washington and Lee University Hillel as a High Holiday Officiant, Dayenu: A Jewish Call to Climate Action as a Ritual and Music Rabbinic Fellow and Park Slope Jewish Center as a Senior Rabbinic Intern.
Director of Student Conduct:
- B.L.S., and M.A.; Bowling Green State University
- Sarah joins us from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University where she served as the Interim Title IX Investigator since 2020 and prior to that she held the position of Assistant Director in the Office of Student Conduct.
Associate Director of Residence Life for Residential Education and Community Development:
- B.S., Methodist University; M.A., Louisiana State University
- Cynthia joins Elon from Salem College where she has experience as the Director of Residence Life, Commuter Engagement and Retention.
Dean of Student Inclusive Excellence:
- B.S., George Mason University; M.Ed., Ohio University; Ph.D., University of Missouri
- Jonathan joins us from Wake Forest University where he has experience as the Assistant Dean of Students & Executive Director, Intercultural Center.
- He has expertise in leadership, deep experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives, and excellent training and facilitation skills.
Assistant Director, Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and Assistant Professor:
- Jill joins us from Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada, where she was an Educational Developer and Programs Team Lead in the Centre for Learning & Teaching.
- Jill holds a BA in Psychology from Saint Mary’s University (Halifax), and an M.A. and Ph.D. from Dalhousie University.
Assistant Director of Kernodle Center for Civic Life:
- B.A., Villanova University; M.S.Ed., Indiana University
- Andrew joins us from West Virginia Wesleyan College where he served as the Leadership & Service Coordinator in their Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development.
Communications Research Librarian:
- Ben joins us from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he was a research assistant in the Media and Design Center.
- Ben has prior experience in the publishing industry as an editor, writer, and contributor of original music. He holds a BA in English and American Literature from New York University, a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from UNC-G, and a Master of Science in Library Science from UNC-Chapel Hill.
Assistant Director of New Student Programs:
- B.A., Augustana College; M.Ed., Iowa State University
- During graduate school Destiny was the Outreach Coordinator for the Dean of Students Office where she advised and trained Student Ambassador teams.
- Lucas graduated from East Carolina University in 2017 with a degree in Sports Studies
- Lucas earned his Masters degree in Sports Management from the University of Kansas
- Lucas will work with students from South Carolina, Tennessee, Western North Carolina, Charlotte metropolitan area, and the North Carolina coast.
Systems Engineer, Infrastructure:
- Joe joins us from ID-DR. Information Delivery & Data Recovery Services in New York. He served as a Senior Data Recovery Professional and Forensics Analyst.
- Joe has prior experience in education at Elmira College as a Help Desk Analyst and PC Support Technician. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, and an Associates of Science degree in Information Technology and is a CDRP/CDRE certified data recovery expert.
- Joe also is licensed as a remote drone pilot and is a licensed private investigator.
Community Director for Colonnades Neighborhood:
- B.S., University of Southern Mississippi; M.A., Messiah University
- Anthony comes to Elon from Catawba College where he served as a Graduate Area Coordinator.
Assistant Director of Learning Assistance:
- Norma joins us after serving as the Graduate Apprentice for Learning Assistance and graduating from Elon’s Masters of Higher Education program.
- Norma has prior experience in college access with TRiO Upward Bound at NC A&T, the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services at UNC Greensboro (UNCG), and with an Inclusive Postsecondary Education (IPSE) certificate program for college students with disabilities at UNCG.
- She holds a BS in Recreation and Parks Management from UNCG and an MA in Higher Education from Elon University.
Matthew (Matt) Ryan
Director, Short-Term Programs:
- Matt joins us from Florida Gulf Coast University, where he served as Assistant Director of the Global Engagement Office (GEO).
- With 20+ years in the field, Matt has also worked for the Council for International Educational Exchange (CIEE) in the U.S. and as a Resident Director in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as well for as Council Travel National Groups Services.
- Matt earned a BA in Sociology from St. Bonaventure University and an M.Ed. in Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instructional Design from Florida Gulf Coast University.
Physical Therapist for Club Sports & Performing Arts:
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; D.PT., Duke University
- Mohammad comes to Elon from Huran Consulting Group where he was a Healthcare Associate: Performance Improvement.
Director of Global Experiential Learning:
- Monica joins us from UNC-Greensboro (UNCG), where she served as the Assistant Director of Study Abroad & Exchanges.
- Previously, Monica served as a Program Leader for Broadreach Global Education Adventures in Guadeloupe and mainland France, as well as a Graduate Assistant for the UNC Summer in Paris program.
- Monica earned a BA in Communication Studies and French Language & Literature from UNCG, an MA in French Language & Literature from UNCG, and is in the process of completing a PhD in French Language & Literature from UNC-Chapel Hill.
Assistant Director of Video Production:
- Emma is a recent graduate of the Elon i-Media program.
- While completing her graduate degree, she interned with the Elon Athletics video staff. She holds a BA in Interactive Design and Communication Studies from James Madison University and a Master of Arts in Interactive Media from Elon University.
Assistant Controller, Accounting Department:
- Michelle joins us from Greensboro College where she was the Director of Finance and Controller
- Michelle has BBA from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Assistant Director of Student Involvement for Fraternities & Sororities:
- B.S., B.A., Old Dominion University; M.E., Clemson University
- Alexis joins us from Clemson where she was a Graduate Assistant for Summer Start which is part of the First-Year Academic Programs.
Assistant Director of Kernodle Center for Civic Life:
- B.S. and M.Ed., University of Arkansas
- Abigail joins us from the University of Arkansas where she was a Graduate Assistant for Literacy Programs in the Center for Community Engagement.
Assistant Director for College Success at Elon Academy:
- Bachelor's degree in Sociology and Psychology, UNC – Chapel Hill.
- Emily is coming from Walter M. Williams High School where she worked as a college advisor.
- Emily grew up down the road in Greensboro and is a UNC-Chapel Hill alum.
Police Corporal, Campus Safety and Police:
- Corporal Young joins us after 25 years with the City of Durham Police Department
- Corporal Young is a certified police instructor in North Carolina (2001) in multiple specialized police training areas.
- Corporal Young served in Patrol as a Master Police Officer, Motor Unit and Training
Assistant Athletic Trainer:
- Kristin is a recent graduate of the Aurora University Athletic Training program.
- Kristin gained clinical experience at Wheaton College, Aurora University, Metea Valley High School and Judson University. She holds a BA in Exercise Science from Central College in Pella, IA, and a Master’s of Science in Athletic Training from Aurora University.
Assistant Cross Country and Track and Field Coach:
- Alaric served the last three years as a volunteer assistant coach for the Elon cross country and track teams.
- Prior to coming to Elon, Alaric coached men’s and women’s cross country at Hillcrest High School in South Carolina.
- Alaric is a graduate of Greensboro College.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach:
- Greg joins us from Fairleigh Dickinson University where he served as the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
- Prior to FDU, Greg served as the head coach at UMass Lowell, and has 22 years of experience as an assistant coach with stops at Seton Hall, Yale, Holy Cross, East Carolina, UMass Lowell, and his alma mater, Merrimack College. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Merrimack College.
Assistant Athletic Trainer:
- Becca is a recent graduate of the UNC-Chapel Hill Athletic Training program.
- Becca served as a Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer while at UNC, and a student trainer at James Madison University. She holds a BS in Athletic Training from JMU and a Master of Arts in Exercise and Sport Science from UNC-Chapel Hill.
Ticket Office Assistant:
- Callie joins us from Keller Williams Real Estate in Burlington, NC.
- Callie previously worked in ticket sales for the Durham Bulls. She holds a BA in Sport and Event Management from Elon University.
Assistant Lacrosse Coach:
- Sarah comes to Elon from Wagoner University where she served as Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach.
- She also served as an assistant for the Butler University women’s lacrosse team, and has extensive experience as a club lacrosse coach.
- Sarah is a graduate of Towson University. At Towson, she was a member of the women’s lacrosse team.
Assistant Athletic Trainer:
- Courtney joins us from Piedmont University where she served as an athletic trainer.
- Courtney also gained athletic training experience at Texas Lutheran University and Michigan State University. She holds a BS in Athletic Training and Kinesiology from Michigan State University and a Master of Science in Athletic Training from Texas State University.
Human Resources Assistant:
- Chanece joins us from Elon University where she last served as the Graduate Apprentice – Office of Event and Space Management.
- Chanece has had various leadership roles during her time at Elon. She holds a BA in Finance from NC A&T – Greensboro, and a Master of Arts in Higher Education (MHE) from Elon University.
Program Assistant for Student Conduct:
- B.S., Radford University
- Sara comes to Elon from New River Valley Community Services where she has experience as a Child and Adolescent Specialty Case Manager.
Program Assistant for Campus Recreation & Wellness:
- B.A., State University of New York Fredonia
- Tom has a background in education, coaching, and community involvement.
Simulation Coordinator – School of Health Sciences Interprofessional Simulation Center:
- Bethany and her husband are Alamance County natives raising three beautiful children.
- Bethany brings a wealth of experience in simulation experience from UNC’s Dental School and has successfully completed her CHSE certification with the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
Administrative Assistant – School of Health Sciences:
- Stephanie is originally from Lynchburg, Virginia, and she moved to NC in 1996 after graduating from Virginia Tech with a BA in Psychology.
- Stephanie has experience as an administrative assistant at UNC hospitals, paralegal, and tutor/teaching assistant.
Coordinator for Fitness & Aquatics in Campus Recreation & Wellness:
- B.S. and M.B.A., University of South Carolina Aiken
- Burley holds several certifications, including personal training, nutrition, lifeguarding, and certified pool operator.
Community Director for Global Neighborhood:
- B.S. and M.A., Appalachian State University
- Mariann joins us from ASU where she was a Residence Director for a community of 250-450 students.
Event Scheduling Assistant, Event and Space Management:
- Michaela joins us from Duke University in Durham, NC where she completed her master's degree in Management Studies.
- Michaela has prior project management experience, specifically with oracle communications where she led a team through the lifespan of projects while conducting weekly team & client meetings to discuss progress and feedback.
Program Assistant, Elon Core Curriculum & Periclean Scholars Program:
- Rita joins us from St. Michael's College in Burlington, Vermont, where she served as the Graduate Program Assistant in the M.A. Clinical Psychology Program
- Rita holds a B.A. in Religious Studies from LeMoyne College and did graduate work in the M.A. Dance Movement Therapy Program at Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado
- Rita is an author of middle grade and young adult fiction
Program Assistant, Center for the Study of Religion, Culture, and Society and the Truitt Center:
- B.S., North Carolina State University
- Kristen comes to Elon with experience in local real estate with Massey Real Estate and Keller Williams Real Estate companies.
- Kristen has prior experience in a range of university staff support roles at the North Carolina State University Veterinary Hospital, where she worked as Hospital Auditor and Project Manager. She holds Bachelor of Science degrees in Animal Science and Agricultural Business Management from NC State University.
Program Assistant for Danieley Neighborhood:
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Joy joins Elon after working as a Scheduler at Koury Aviation since 2019 and prior to that as an Executive Assistant for Willis RE.
Program Assistant for Student Care and Outreach:
- B.F.A., University of North Carolina – Greensboro; M.F.A., Carnegie Mellon University
- Natalie joins Elon after working as a ESL Teacher for 2 years with students in China through VIPKid Online.
Program Coordinator - "It Takes a Village" Project, Center for Access and Success:
- B.A. in Sociology from Elon University.
- Sydney joins us from Impact Alamance where she served as the 2020-2021 Elon Year of Service Fellow, later transitioning into the role of the first Racial Equity and Community Engagement Manager.
- Sydney is passionate about exploring the intersections of race, educational access, and opportunity for historically underrepresented students and communities.
- Maia joins us from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, where they have been completing an MA in International Education Management and Master of Public Administration.
- Maia has worked as an Assistant Program Director for Team4Tech and Consultant for Teens of Color Abroad (TOCA), and has taught English abroad in Fuji, Japan and Nanjing, China.
- In addition to their recent MA, Maia earned a BA in Latin American Studies and Minor in International Studies from UNC-Charlotte.
Faith St. Thomas
Executive Assistant for Student Life:
- Faith has a very diverse background having worked in the Navy Cyber Warfare Development Group, Navy Federal Credit Union and for the last five years as a virtual assistant business owner.
- Faith brings a multitude of skills and experiences to her position at Elon.
Program Assistant for Counseling Services:
- Jennifer comes to Elon from the private sector with experience as a Legal Assistant in Domestic Law at Morgenstern & Associates, PLLC.
- Jennifer brings a multitude of valuable professional skills to counseling services.
- Michael was originally born in Virginia, however has spent most of his life in North Carolina. He has attended both Eastern Guilford High School as well as Alamance Community College.
- Michael loves working outdoors. Previous he worked as an Electrician Apprentice at a Greensboro electrical company.
Facilities Management Facility Engineer:
- Deb joins us from John Deere where she spent 22 years in the Facilities Engineering departments of Des Moines, IA and Augusta, GA.
- Deb has extensive experience in facilities operations, construction/renovation, and project management during ongoing manufacturing processes.
- Deb has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Iowa State University and a MS in Project Management from University of Wisconsin – Platteville.
- Deb has achieved a Project Management Professional certificate from the Project Management Institute and a Certified Energy Manager certificate from the Association of Energy Engineers.
- Sebastian holds an International GED from West College, Escazu, Costa Rica and studied Digital Animation at Universidad Veritas in San Pedro, Costa Rica.
- Sebastian has held various jobs over his travels, including operating ski lifts in California, working with Ceramics in Costa Rica, taught English has a second language, and served coffee in various locations across the country.
Carlton "Lee" Watson
- Lee is from Alamance County. He is a graduate of Western Alamance High School and taken classes at Alamance Community College.
- Lee has worked in various outdoor jobs around the county, including irrigation installation and working with masonry.