Assistant Athletic Trainer- Football:
• BS Athletic Training, Texas A&M, Corpus Christi
• Chris joins us from Louisville Xtreme / University of Louisville Health where he worked with the Indoor Football League and the University of Louisville Physicians Clinic during the offseason.
• Chris is also a retired United States Navy Electronics Technician, 1st Class Petty Officer. Chris’ skillset includes Parachutist/Surface Warfare /Master Training Specialist/ and Rescue Swimmer.
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach:
• B.S., in Sport & Event Management and a B. S.in Marketing with a Minor in Business Administration from Elon University; Graduate Degree in Liberal Studies with Concentration in Marketing & Technology from NC State University
• Essence is a former Elon student-athlete that competed for 4 seasons on our Women’s Basketball Team (2013-2017) Prior to her return home, she was an Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach at Furman University.
Loy Farm Manager and Collaborator with Harvest Table:
• Taylor is interested in sustainable agricultural systems and has certifications in vegetable and livestock production. He comes to us as a Gardener from Elon’s Landscaping and Grounds Department.
•Taylor holds a B.A. in International and Global Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and sustainable agriculture certifications from Central Carolina Community College, Pittsboro Campus.
Rev. Kirstin Boswell
University Chaplain and Dean of Multifaith Engagement :
• Kirstin comes to Elon from Brown University where she served most recently as associate dean and previously as associate university chaplain. She also brings experience from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where she was chaplain to the institute and director of the Office of Religious, Spiritual and Ethical Life.
• She holds a B.A. from The University of Virginia and a Master of Divinity in Theology from the University of Chicago Divinity School. She is completing a Ph.D. in anthropology and sociology of religion at University of Chicago.
Community Director for the East Neighborhood:
• Jordan joins Elon from Miami University in Ohio where she completed her Master’s of Higher Education. She also holds a B.A. in communications from the University of Maryland.
• At Miami University she was employed by the Office of Residence Life as a graduate assistant and has experience in student activities and residential curriculum.
Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach:
• B.A., Major in Multimedia Journalism: Minor in Business Leadership, Master’s of Science, Concentration in Leadership Studies; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
• Taylor joins us from Virginia Tech where she held the position of Graduate Assistant and also a player on the Hokie’s team earning the award of Most Outstanding Senior her final year on the team. Taylor also earned ACC All-Academic Honors all four years.
Community Director for the Oaks Neighborhood:
• Jennifer comes from the Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania where she earned her Master of Education degree. She received her bachelor’s degree from Radford University in psychology.
• Jennifer has experience working with first year and student transitions.
Assistant Director in the Kernodle Center for Civic Life:
• Autumn has a bachelor’s degree in communication studies from James Madison University, and just completed her master’s degree in education with a concentration in student affairs administration this past spring from the University of North Carolina Greensboro.
• Autumn previously worked at James Madison in areas such as strategic planning and engagement after completing her undergraduate degree. While in graduate school, she was a graduate assistant in the Office of Leadership and Civic Engagement at UNCG.
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach:
• B.A., Psychology, Montclair State University
• Prior volunteer assistant for the Elon Women’s Soccer Team and Director of Goalkeeping for the NC Fusion.
Simulation Coordinator Interprofessional Simulation:
• B.A. UNCG; Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security; A+ Certified Computer Technician; currently finishing his MS in IT Management at UNC-Greensboro
• Joins us from working as a contractor for Elon’s Campus Technology Support.
• Jason also held numerous roles in Healthcare, including Operating Room Sterile Processing Technician and Environmental Services Supervisor.
Community Director for the Danieley Neighborhood:
• Tanner is joining Elon from the College of Charleston where he worked as a residence hall director.
• He earned his master’s and bachelor’s degrees from Appalachian State University.
Science Lab Manager for Biology & Environmental Science:
• BS in Biology with Honors and BA in Philosophy, Minor in Environmental Science and Studies from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
•Joshua joins us from research work at UNC-CH.
• Scholarly Interests include popular dynamics, ecological structure and function, evolution of amphibian species, animal behavior, genetic analysis, human environmental impacts, and philosophy and ethics of biology
• Meredith holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Health Psychology and a Master of Arts, Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She received a Bachelor of Science, Psychology degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
• She has extensive experience providing mental health services in the college setting and has a passion for facilitating therapy groups and psychoeducational workshops focused on disordered eating concerns/body image and healthy relationships in emerging adulthood.
• Meredith is also a Burlington native and both of her parents are Elon alumns.
Video Producer in University Communications:
• Meagan joins Elon after working for more than 10 years as a photojournalist and video editor at WGHP Fox 8 News in High Point, N.C. She handled daily field assignments in producing packaged news reports and live broadcast segments using satellite trucks and digital technologies, and also edited video segments for newscasts.
• She created video/text content for multiple myfox8.com social media platforms. Meagan has a bachelor of arts degree in film and television production from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Assistant Registrar of Operations:
•Malia joins us from North Carolina Agriculture and Technical State University where she has worked for several years in the Registrar’s Office there.
• Malia has served as the technical lead for the Registrar’s Office at North Carolina Agriculture and Technical State University. She holds a BS in Business Management from North Carolina Agriculture and Technical State University and a M.S. in Adult Education from North Carolina Agriculture and Technical State University.
Community Director for the Global Neighborhood:
• Colin comes to us from Appalachian State University where he served as a residence director and earned his Master of Arts degree. While at App State Colin worked with living learning communities and advised hall councils.
• He earned his Bachelor of Arts in history from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Assistant Director of Ticket Operations:
• B.S. Sport Management Concentration in Business, Campbell University
• Andrew joins us from Campbell University where he served as Director of Ticket Operations – Sales.
Communications Strategist, Teaching and Learning Technologies:
• Grant joins us from Intiaro in Greensboro, NC, where he served as the Digital Communications Specialist. He has also held copywriting roles through corporate and freelance work and has worked with clients to develop engaging content for a variety of digital and traditional platforms.
• Grant has a B.A. in English Creative Writing with a minor in Business from Anderson University.
Associate Director of Admissions for Campus Visit:
• Torii is re-joining the Undergraduate Admissions office after serving the last two years as the Graduate Apprentice for Admissions as part of her experience in Elon’s Masters of Higher Education program. Prior to completing her MHE, Torii served as an Admission Fellow at her undergraduate institution, Christopher Newport University.
• In her new role, Torii will manage all aspects of the campus visit program and Admissions events working closely with student tour guides and the campus visit team.
Instructional Technologist, Teaching and Learning Technologies:
• Kate joins us from Davidson-Davie Community College in Lexington, NC where she served as the Director of Digital Accessibility.
• Kate has prior experience in instructional design at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and various roles within student affairs at UNC Charlotte and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She holds a BA in Political Science and Communication from UNC-Chapel Hill and an M.A. in Educational Leadership from UNC Charlotte.
Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach:
• BA, Bachelor of Arts in Communication with a Sport Management Concentration, High Point University; MBA Master of Business Administration, High Point University
• Elon Lacrosse welcomes Amanda from Virginia Tech University where she served as a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the Hokies. While attending High Point University Amanda also played on the Women’s Lacrosse Team that won 3 Big South Championships and made 3 NCAA appearances.
• Noah graduated from Elon in 2021 with a major in Strategic Communications and a minor in Political Science. During his time at Elon, he was a tour guide, admissions intern, and started the Survivor club— an organization modeled after the popular television show.
• He joins the Office of Admissions as an Admissions Counselor working with students from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Northern New England.
Graduate Apprentice for Student Organizations & Involvement:
• Charlie begins Elon’s M.A. in Higher Education program in August 2021 and will be the Graduate Apprentice for Student Organizations & Involvement. In this position, he will supervise the Student Involvement Ambassadors team that helps students find meaningful engagement opportunities, as well as provide support to the 250+ student organizations on campus.
• Charlie is a graduate of Valparaiso University in Indiana, where he earned a B.A. in History. Charlie brings a variety of experience, including serving as chapter president of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, as well as leadership roles with Valpo Dance Marathon and TEDxValparaisoUniversity. He also worked on campus in the Student Organization Suite and as an intern in the Student Life Division.
Football Video/ Graphics Coordinator:
• BA Sports Broadcasting, Youngstown State University, M.S. in Education, The University of Akron
• Ethan’s prior experience was as a Video Graduate Assistant, University of Akron Football covering practice and game filming.
Community Director for the Colonnades Neighborhood:
• Percy comes from Ball State University Muncie in Indiana, where she earned her Master of Arts degree in political science and worked with a residential college focused on diversity and inclusion.
• She earned her bachelor’s degree from Murray State University in finance.
• Crystal is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist Associate. She comes to Elon from SouthLight Healthcare where she provided services as a Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Clinician.
• She graduated with a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from North Carolina Central University.
Itumeleng “Tumi” Shadreck
• Tumi is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and graduate of the Joint Master of Social Work Program at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University.
• Tumi worked with the Alamance Burlington School System and Family Solutions, LLC prior to coming to Elon.
Alexander "Ali" Simmons
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach:
• BSc in Sport Sciences (Coaching) Brunel University
• Ali joins the Elon Men’s Soccer Staff from Seton Hall University where he held the position of Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach.
Assistant Athletic Trainer:
• B.S. in Athletic Training, University of Michigan; MBA Health Care Administration, Concordia University, Wisconsin
• Elon welcomes Shaina from Indiana Wesleyan University where she was an Assistant Athletic Trainer responsible for immediate care of the athletes on the Women’s Basketball and Volleyball teams as the primary Athletic Trainer & provided additional care to the Football and Track teams.
Special Assistant to the Provost:
• Mary joined the Provost Office in July and will serve as the Provost’s assistant. She joins us from Averett University in Danville, VA where she held a similar position for 6+ years.
• She holds a BA from Adelphi University; a paralegal certificate from Meredith College; SHRM-CP certification and a Diversity and Inclusion certificate from Cornell University.
Assistant Athletic Trainer:
• B.A. Exercise and Sports Science – Athletic Training, UNC Chapel Hill; M.S. Kinesiology and Recreation – Athletic Training, Illinois State University
• Jackson joins the Elon Athletic Training staff from Western Carolina University where he provided sole, direct medical care to the men & women’s cross country and track and field programs.
Career Advising Fellow in the Student Professional Development Center:
• M.E. in Higher Education Administration, William & Mary, and B.S, Appalachian State University
• Corinne joins the SPDC for a 10 month graduate fellowship in career services.
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach:
• B.S. Sports Management, Roanoke College; Masters of Education, Sports Administration Liberty University
• Brian served as an Assistant Coach at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro & helped lead the team to a 2020 SOCON Tournament Championship.
Assistant Director of Housing Operations and the Loy Neighborhood:
• Shauna joins us from High Point University where she was the Coordinator of Housing Operations.
• She holds a Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and a Bachelor of Arts in Secondary English Education from California University of Pennsylvania.
Lori Beth Adams
Assistant Women's Golf Coach:
• B.A., UNC Wilmington
• Lori is currently playing on the Symetra Tour.
Assistant Equipment Manager:
• B.S., Guilford College and B.S., University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS
• Adam joins us from North Carolina A&T where he served as a football intern.
Elysse “Elly” Dirks
Head Dance Coach:
• Elly is a 2019 graduate of Elon University and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science.
• She will return to Elon as the new Head Dance Coach as we begin the new school year. During her time at Elon, Elly was the Captain of the Dance Team from 2015 – 2019.
Assistant Director of Marketing:
• Savannah Goodson, Assistant Director of Marketing joins the Phoenix staff from North Carolina State University where she served as a Student Marketing Assistant.
• She holds a Bachelor of Science in Sport Management from North Carolina State University.
Gabriel “Gabe” Mason
Assistant Sports Performance Coach:
• B.S. Exercise Science with emphasis in Sport Performance; M.S. in Strength and Conditioning Studies
• Gabe served as an intern on with the Elon Sports Performance Coaching Staff & prior to his time at Elon he was a Graduate Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach at Arkansas Tech University.
Assistant Men's Golf Coach:
• B.A. in History from UNC Chapel Hill
• Kevin joins our Men’s Golf Staff from Virginia Commonwealth University where he served as a Men’s Golf Assistant Coach.
• Laura joins the Elon Athletics Office of Compliance from Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA where she served as an Admissions Assistant in the Office of Admissions. Her primary responsibility will be to assist in all areas of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Laura holds a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Sport Management from Shenandoah University.
Athletic Training Intern:
• Jillian holds a Master of Science in Athletic Training from West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV.
• Prior to joining the Elon Athletic Training Staff, Jillian served as a Graduate Assistant at Clay-Battelle High School in Blacksville, WV.
Head Cheer Coach:
• Susan is an Elon alum and will return to Elon as we kick off the 2019-20 school year as Head Cheer Coach. She previously served as Cheer and Dance Coach from 1998 – 2001.
• Most recently she was the Cheer Coach at Williams High School and Turrentine Middle School.
Business Operations Assistant:
• Heather holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Elon University and joins the Athletics Business Office staff as Business Operations Assistant. Her primary duties will be working with invoices, purchase orders, Athletic Office deposits, and P-card audit and review.
• She joins us from Hawthorne Residential Partners where she served as a Property Accountant.
Learning Support Specialist, Teaching and Learning Technologies:
• David joins us from the National Board for Certified Counselors in Greensboro, NC. There he held the position of LMS Administrator assisting individuals and state boards across the country.
• David has a wide range of prior experience including time spent at Lincoln Financial, as well as a stint in the field of marketing. He holds a BS in Advertising from Appalachian State University.
Program Assistant for the Student Professional Development Center:
• Sonya has had a deep connection to Elon and has been working for Aramark in Dining Services for years.
• Alamance Community College
• Sonya provides administrative, event, and operational support to all operations of the Student Professional Development Center
• Expertise in medical office administration
Kenketta "Kacey" Gwynn
Program Assistant for the Love School of Business:
• Kacey comes to us from the retail industry, where she has a wealth of experience providing leadership in customer service, recruitment and training, and human resources.
• Kacey holds a BS degree from NC A&T University and is currently working on her MBA from the Jack Welch Management Institute.
Endpoint Infrastructure Engineer :
• Jeffrey is an accomplished technology professional that has helped organizations with IT project management, computer and software systems deployment, networking, and information security. He comes to Elon from the Housing Authority of the City of High Point, NC where he administered deployment of Windows hardware/software and security configurations. Prior he worked for Tanger Factory Outlets in Greensboro serving as the lead for retail systems and workstation management.
• Jeffrey holds a BA in Liberal Studies from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, continuing education credits in Computer Programming from Guilford Technical Community College, and is currently pursuing his MBA at High Point University.