Vice President for Student Life Jon Dooley shared information on Tuesday, Nov. 15, about operations and safety on campus during Thanksgiving, which runs from the conclusion of evening classes on Friday, Nov.. 12, through Sunday, Nov. 27.
Thanksgiving Break for undergraduate students and some graduate programs begins after evening classes Friday, Nov. 18, and ends at 8 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 28.
As a reminder, throughout this time Campus Safety and Police will operate as normal, 24-hours per day, and can be reached at 336-278-5555. They can also assist with connections to the Student Life on-call administrators. On-call crisis counselors are always available at 336-278-2222. SAFEline is always available at 336-278-3333 for confidential support with identity-based bias, sexual violence, or interpersonal violence – they can be a confidential resource to access on-call violence responders. And, of course, TimelyCare free virtual medical and mental health service is available 24/7 throughout the break from anywhere in the United States.
Below are hours of student services operations during the break. Please note that University offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25, for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Residence Halls close on Saturday, Nov. 19, at 10 a.m. and will reopen on Sunday, Nov. 27, at 10 a.m.This applies to residence halls only. University apartments will remain open and accessible throughout the break.
- Information about requests to stay late or return early can be found on the Break Housing page of the Residence Life website.
- Offices will remain open during the break, operating weekdays during business hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., except for Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25, when University offices are closed.
Parking & Security
- If you are leaving your vehicle on campus during Thanksgiving Break, please be aware several events may impact where you park for the week. Please make sure your vehicle is locked, and you take any valuables with you.
- If you are a Global Neighborhood resident, you may park in the Innovation Quad lot, Historic Neighborhood lot, or the Health Center lot on south campus.
- Regardless of living on or off campus, make sure you unplug all appliances, move expensive items away from the windows, remove spare keys from outside your residence, and lock your doors.
- Asymptomatic testing is available in the Oaks, McCoy Commons, 9 a.m. – Noon, 1- 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
- Visit the Campus Health Status and Alerts website for other COVID-19 testing options.
- The Belk Library will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 18 and will operate on a reduced schedule during Thanksgiving Break:
- Saturday, Nov. 19: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 20: Noon – 5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 21 through Wednesday, Nov. 23: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Closed Thursday, Nov. 24, through Saturday, Nov. 26.
- Belk Library will reopen at 10 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 27, and resume regular operating hours.
- Visit the Belk Library website for information about library hours for Phoenix cardholders and community members.
Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Koury Athletic Center and other recreation and wellness facilities will have modified hours during Thanksgiving Break.
- PARC Fitness Center will also remain open daily from 6 a.m. -midnight throughout the break. The outdoor fitness court will also be available throughout the break.
- Visit the Campus Recreation and Wellness website for detailed information about facilities and programs.
- Counseling Services will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25.
- Regular operating hours will resume Monday, Nov. 28.
- TimelyCare free virtual medical and mental health service is available 24/7 throughout the break from anywhere in the United States.
- The crisis counselor on-call also remains available 24/7 by calling 336-278-2222.
- If a student is experiencing a psychological emergency that is life-threatening or involves imminent danger (risk of harm to self or others at any time), call 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- All dining locations will have modified hours right before and after Thanksgiving Break.
- Dining locations will be closed for the entire week of Nov. 21, with the exception of Monday, Nov. 21, through Wednesday, Nov. 23, when Biscuitville will be open 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Dining locations begin reopening Sunday, Nov. 27.
- The menu-hours page of the Elon Dining website always has the latest updated information about dining location hours and menus.
- The Moseley Center will operate on a reduced schedule during Thanksgiving Break.
- Visit the Moseley Center website for the schedule and information for airport shuttles. Most shuttle spaces will fill by the deadline. Please contact the Moseley Information Desk at 336-278-7215 to inquire whether space is still available for a particular shuttle time.
- Mail Services will operate on a reduced schedule during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Normal hours: Nov. 21-23
- Closed: Nov. 19-20 and Nov. 24-27.
- Mail Services will open at 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 28.
- Visit the Mail Services website for updated hours and operations.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 18, and remain closed through Sunday, Nov. 27. Regular operating hours will resume on Monday, Nov. 28.
- TimelyCare virtual medical and mental health service is available 24/7 throughout the break. For information about how to access the service, visit the appointments page of the Student Health Services website.
- Visit the Student Health Services website for additional information about after-hours care and resources in the community.
Transportation and Elon Express
- Transportation and the Elon Express will not operate from Saturday, Nov. 19, through Saturday, Nov. 26.
- On Sunday, Nov. 27, all transportation services resume regular schedules at noon. Visit the Elon University Transportation website for the latest news, updates, after-hours resources, and real-time route tracking.
Best wishes for a safe and relaxing break.
Dr. Jon Dooley
Vice President for Student Life