Teacher Candidate Learning Outcomes
The following learner outcomes for teacher candidates grow out of the Conceptual Framework, "Thoughtful Practice in a Community of Learners."
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the subject area(s) for which they seek licensure.
- Use knowledge of students’ learning process to inform instruction.
- Demonstrate understanding of pedagogical knowledge relevant to the subject area(s) for which they seek licensure.
- Choose appropriately from among multiple instructional strategies to promote optimal student learning.
- Choose appropriately from among a variety of resources, including technology, to promote active student learning.
- Seek to understand students’ family and community, collaborate with parents and professional colleagues and establish a knowledge building community to inform practice.
- Inquire, actively and persistently, about student learning through the use of a variety of assessment procedures.
- Analyze, through reflective practice, the effectiveness of their instruction and make appropriate adaptations to maximize student learning.
- Establish positive classroom learning environments that support the social and academic growth of students.
- Hold high expectations for the academic and social growth of all students.
- Seek opportunities to further personal learning and professional growth.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and respect for the profession of teaching.