The Dr. Jo Watts Williams School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP caepnet.org).
The Dr. Jo Watts Williams School of Education offers accredited programs for Initial Licensure in the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education (B-K) (not enrolling for 2023-2024)
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Middle Grades Education (6-9)
- Physical Education & Health (K-12) (not enrolling for 2023-2024)
- Science Education (9-12)
- Special Education (K-12)
- Secondary Education and K-12 Licensure Programs
The Pre-K Add-on Licensure Track meets the coursework requirements for Preschool-Kindergarten (Pre-K) add-on licensure in North Carolina, for undergraduates who are already majoring in a teacher licensure preparation program, such as Elementary Education. Other licensure components (testing) are required for licensure referral.