Career and Internship Tools
The Student Professional Development Center (SPDC) provides guidance and support to students as they pursue successful careers and post-graduate work in environmental studies. The SPDC assists with career exploration, job/internship searching, interview preparation, the graduate school process and much more. To schedule an appointment, call 336-278-6538 or stop by Moseley 140.
Your Career Advisor:
Build your resume/CV
Find a job, internship, or co-op
- User guide for maximizing the Elon Job Network
- Utilize LinkedIn to explore connections and opportunities
Thinking about graduate or professional school?
Call 336-278-6538 or stop in Moseley 140 to schedule an appointment with René Jackson, Associate Director for Graduate School Programs, to discuss the application process, your personal statement, CV and more.
What can I do with an Environmental Studies degree?
There are many career opportunities related to environmentally focused professions – from sustainable food systems to carbon audits for corporations. Compensation will depend on the experience of the person, and the type of job. A good place to begin is with the National Association for Environmental Professionals. There are many state chapters that hold local events.
First Destination Outcomes
- Environmental Studies Class of 2015
- Environmental Studies Class of 2014
- Environmental Studies Class of 2013
- More first destination outcomes from SPDC
- The blue markers indicate the location of Elon environmental studies majors who have attained jobs.
- The yellow markers indicate the locations where environmental studies majors have completed internships.
- The red markers indicate the schools where environmental studies majors are pursuing graduate studies.