The Kernodle Center for Service Learning engages students in a multitude of volunteer opportunities meeting a wide variety of community needs. We welcome service requests from the community seeking either individual or groups of volunteers for one-time or ongoing projects that may not be met by Academic Service-Learning courses or current Kernodle Center programs and events.
Although we cannot guarantee student response, we will make your request known on campus through the following avenues:
• Emailing your opportunity to our On Call Volunteer Corps
• The best time to submit requests is prior to a semester starting. January and August are often our planning months. If we have your request a month or more before the semester begins, we have more time to seek student volunteers.
• Although we prefer to receive requests as early as possible, they are needed in our office at least 2-3 weeks prior to the request date(s).
• You may submit forms for a one-time need or for ongoing/semester long volunteer(s).
• Students will contact you directly, so that you can monitor how the need is met.
• It is helpful to keep a list of your student volunteers so that you can contact them in the future, as other needs arise.
• Your organization is responsible for volunteer insurance.
• Requests must be agency based- we will not post requests for meeting individual needs in the home or as drivers.
1. 3 - 6 weeks prior to an event, determine the specific need including days, times and number of volunteers needed. Be sure to clearly state the responsibilities of the volunteer and determine a date by which you need a response.