The Department of Music at Elon University fosters a rigorous and creative learning environment, engaging, educating and inspiring students for lifelong fulfillment through music. We provide a nurturing, innovative, and artistically rich learning community that embraces diverse musical genres and challenges the pursuit of excellence and academic rigor in scholarship, performance and creative activity, empowering our students for meaningful contributions in their chosen profession.
Proactive career development takes place with faculty mentors in the department and through early and ongoing engagement with the Student Professional Development Center (SPDC), the valuable services of which can be found here. We encourage you to take regular advantage of the SPDC beginning with your first day on campus.
– Jon Metzger, Chair of the Music Department
How do I get started?
The Student Professional Development Center provides guidance and support to students as they pursue successful careers and post-graduate work in Music. The SPDC assists with career exploration, job/internship searching, interview preparation, the graduate school process and much more. To schedule an appointment, call 336-278-6538 or stop by Moseley 140.
Your Career Advisor
- See a sample Music Production & Recording Arts resume
- See a sample Music Education resume
- See a sample B.A. in Music resume
- See a sample Music Performance resume
- User guide for maximizing the Elon Job Network
- Utilize LinkedIn to explore connections and opportunities
Call 336-278-6538 or stop in Moseley 140 to schedule an appointment with René Jackson, Associate Director for Graduate School Programs, to discuss the application process, your personal statement, CV, and more.
First Destination Outcomes
- The blue markers indicate the location of Elon University music majors who have attained jobs.
- The yellow markers indicate the location of music majors who have completed internships.
- The red markers indicate the schools where music majors are completing graduate studies.