The Office of Human Resources would like to take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck in the future. To assure a smooth transition, the Office of Human Resources created the following checklist to assist with your last days of employment with Elon University.
- Turn in any property of Elon University (ex. keys, uniforms, cell phones, laptops, procurement card, Phoenix cards, parking pass, etc.) directly to your supervisor. Retirees may keep their phoenix cards and parking passes).
- Individuals retiring from Elon may access certain benefits. Learn more about retiree benefits.
- Your Elon University email account will remain active for 30 days after your last date of employment. After 30 days, your account will be deleted from our systems. Please review the Employee Computer Policy for more information about turning in your hardware upon leaving Elon. Retirees may keep their email account active.
- You may complete an Exit Interview questionnaire. All information from the Questionnaire is sent directly to Human Resources. If you would like to set up an in-person Exit Interview, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (336) 278-5560.
- If you have questions regarding your eligibility for unemployment benefits, you may contact the Employment Security Commission at (336) 570-6800. Their physical address is 2640 Columbine Lane, Burlington, NC 27215.
Benefits Information: (full-time – benefits eligible employees)
All benefits will terminate on the last day of the month in which you work. For employees (primarily faculty) working nine (9) months paid over a twelve (12) month period, all benefits will terminate on the last day of the month in which you are paid.
Flores & Associates administers the university’s COBRA continuation coverage for health, dental, and vision benefits. Flores & Associates will mail information regarding continuation of benefits and you will have 60 days to elect COBRA insurance coverage if needed.
Contact the Office of Human Resources at x5560 for COBRA rates.
Your current life insurance may be converted to an individual policy (all or part of the amount of coverage) on the date of termination without evidence of insurability. Conversion election must be made within 31 days of your date of termination by contacting the Lincoln Financial Group at (800) 423-2765 for quotes.
Learn more about conversion enrollment.
Brandon Harvey is the AFLAC representative for Elon. He can be reached at (336) 991-4590 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to continue your voluntary AFLAC products.
Health & Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
Please note that you will not be able to use your flexible spending account after your last day of employment but you may submit receipts for expenses incurred before your last day of employment thru the end of the year. If you have not received reimbursement for all contributions made to your Dependent Day Care account, you may continue to incur expenses during the plan year and submit claims for reimbursement. Please contact Flores & Associates at (800) 532-3327 if you have additional questions regarding your flexible spending accounts.
You may contact TIAA at (800) 842-2776 if you have any questions regarding your retirement account. TIAA has experienced financial consultants that are available to assist you at no additional cost.