Faculty and staff members that experience a qualifying event are able to make changes to their benefits plan elections within 30 days of the event. Employees should notify the Office of Human Resources and complete the necessary paperwork. Provided below is a list of eligible qualifying events:

  • Legal marriage, legal separation, divorce or death
  • Change in the same or opposite sex domestic partner status
  • Gain or loss of an eligible dependent for reasons such as birth, legal adoption, placement for adoption, foster or death
  • Dependent satisfies or no longer satisfies eligibility requirements for reasons such as reaching the dependent child age limit
  • Changes in the legal spouse’s or domestic partner’s employment affecting benefits eligibility
  • Changes in the legal spouse’s or domestic partner’s benefits coverage with another employer that affects benefits eligibility
  • Change in employee work status affecting benefits eligibility
  • The employee enters and/or is discharged from military service
  • Eligibility for enrollment in Medicare/Medicaid
  • Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) eligible

Please use the forms below to complete your life status change request. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you have any questions at hr@elon.edu or 336-278-5560.