Welcome to Elon University!
To ensure an easy transition to the university and to get new employees on the appropriate pay cycle, the following paperwork must be completed and returned to the Office of Human Resources prior to the first day of employment. The New Hire Paperwork will be emailed to new hires via AdobeSign, a cloud-based e-signature service.
- Federal Tax Form (W-4)
- State Tax Form (NC-4EZ) or (NC-4)
- North Carolina New Hire Reporting Form
- New Employee Information Form
- Consent to Receive Electronic Notices
- Form I-9
- Hepatitis B Immunization Consent/Refusal Form – Complete only if your position requires that you handle, store, use or dispose of infectious material.
Effective as of October 1, 2012, Elon University is an E-Verify participant. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Information is provided below and is available to print.
- Notice of E-Verify Participant – English
- Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify – Español
- Right to Work – English
- Derecho al Trabajo – Español
The Office of Human Resources is required by law to see original identification that you present in person (as noted on the I-9 form) on or before your first day of employment. Please do not send copies of your identification documents through the mail. Failure to provide the required documents will result in you not being employed by Elon University.
Health Insurance and Supplemental Retirement
All U.S. citizens, including dependents, will be required to have health insurance coverage. Please read the notices below for information regarding this new legislature. Employees may also visit www.healthcare.gov or call 1-800-318-2596 regarding the Marketplace options for health insurance.
Supplement Retirement Plans
Group Supplement Retirement Plan
All faculty/staff and temporary employees are eligible to participate in the Retirement Choice Plus (RCP) offered through TIAA. Please note that this is a voluntary benefit. The university does NOT contribute to the TIAA Supplemental or ROTH plans.
Important Information for New Hires
- New employees must report to the Office of Human Resources in-person and present identification to satisfy the I-9 on or before the first day of work.
- New Benefit Orientation occurs once a month. The Office of Human Resources will contact the new employee and supervisor regarding the next New Employee Benefit Orientation.
- Help us to get to know you by filling out your directory profile.
- All Elon faculty and staff members are encouraged to have their photo included in the university’s online directory. The photo is produced by University Communications photographer. Information about directory portraits and the schedule for available photo sessions are listed here.
- For information regarding email accounts and passwords, OnTrack, Phoenix Card, Voicemail, e-Alert, etc. please refer to the New Faculty/Staff Technology Guide