Student Care and Outreach works very closely with a variety of campus offices to provide students with practical support, many of which are provided below. Once connected or referred, please also share the concerns and any updates with us so we can help.
Dean of Students | (336) 278-7200
- The Office of the Dean of Students (Janice Ratliff Building 105) provides opportunities, services and experiences that support student learning, holistic development, well-being, and community and personal responsibility. The Office of the Dean of Students is an important point of contact for the University community and serves as a hub for student support and contact in moments of crisis, challenge, or need.
Academic Advising Center | (336) 278-6500
- Academic Advising is a form of teaching. Advisors provide accurate information to students in a mentoring environment, challenging them to reflect on interests, skills and aptitudes; to think critically about goals and objectives; to select courses and majors; to have a graduation plan and to consider career options.
Campus Recreation and Wellness | (336) 278-7529
- Campus Recreation and Wellness provides a variety of recreational and educational facilities, programs, and services across five programmatic areas designed to help students, faculty, and staff be well and live their best lives. The programmatic areas are Facilities, Student Wellness Programs, Fitness Programs, Sport Programs, and Experiential Learning & Outdoor Adventures
Counseling Services | (336) 278-7280
- Counseling Services provides quality psychological interventions, outreach, and consultation services to address the emotional, social, and academic needs of Elon University students. Counseling Services provides both individual and group therapy options.
Center for Race, Ethnicity and Diversity Education (CREDE) | (336) 278-7243
- CREDE advances the conversation on student diversity education campus-wide and develops intercultural competence while providing race and ethnicity related advocacy, services, and programs to faculty, staff and students, particularly those from underrepresented and historically marginalized communities.
Disability Services | (336) 278-6568
- Disabilities Services works with students on a case-by-case basis, determining reasonable accommodations. Professors are encouraged to contact Disabilities Services with questions about their students’ needs and to refer students who they suspect may have an undiagnosed disability. Disabilities Services will discuss options for evaluation with the student and make appropriate referrals. Professors should also refer any students who say they have a disability and are eligible for accommodation, but do not present a verification letter so that disabilities can be verified and appropriate accommodation can be determined.
Gender and LGBTQIA Center (GLC) | (336) 278-6228
- The Gender & LGBTQIA Center partners across campus and community to support, advocate, and educate around gender and LGBTQIA identities to create an inclusive campus community of equity, justice, and academic excellence for students, employees, and alumni.
Global Education Center | (336) 278-6700
- The Global Education Center (GEC) is a hub for global activity at Elon, providing services for international students and scholars and for all students interested in Elon’s many Global Engagement programs, both abroad and within the USA.
Health Services | (336) 278-7230
- Health Services provides quality evaluation and treatment of acute illness and injury to Elon University students; promotes, supports and integrates individual healthcare according to the learning and development needs of students; and meets public health responsibilities to the Elon University community.
Learning Assistance Center | (336) 278-6874
- Learning Assistance offers currently enrolled Elon University students walk-in and by-appointment peer tutoring along with information on improving study skills.
Residence Life | 336-278-7300
- Elon University Residence Life supports students’ holistic development by integrating academic, social and residential experiences, developing dynamic, inclusive, and intellectual living communities, and encouraging students’ growth as active global citizens.
Student Skills Tutoring (a service of Learning Assistance) | (336) 278-6874
- Study skills tutors help students build skills that are applicable to any course. More specifically, study skills tutors can help: Put together a preparation plan for an upcoming exam/assignment; Set academic goals and chart a path to achieving them; Locate ineffective study strategies and replace them with effective strategies; Adopt better note-taking strategies; Improve time management.
Student Conduct | (336) 278-7271
- The Elon University Student Conduct system is founded upon the values of our Honor Code: Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility and Respect. Elon University views its role in the administration of institutional policy as one of both ensuring fairness and providing an educational opportunity for the student. This approach protects the campus community by providing a system of sanctions that are educational and hold students accountable for violating university policies.
Title IX | (336) 278-5787
- The university’s Title IX Coordinator oversees compliance with all aspects of the Sexual Misconduct and Interpersonal Violence Policy (including harassment and/or discrimination on the basis of sex or gender) under the requirements of Title IX. Questions about the policy or the institutions response should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator.
Truitt Center | (336) 278-7729
- The Truitt Center is a safe place for spiritual growth, worldview exploration (religious and secular), and interfaith engagement. Our mission is to encourage students to honor the spiritual dimension of life, to respect religious and cultural differences, to deepen and explore their faith traditions and worldviews, to embrace the present responsibly and the future with hope, and to live the principles they value.
Violence Response | (336) 278-5009 (office); (336) 278-3333 (confidential safe-line)
- Elon has a survivor-centered response system that allows the survivor to be in as much control of their process as possible. We offer extensive confidential resources, including a Violence Responder (confidential advocate) on-call 24/7 as well as a confidential advocacy phone line, Safeline, available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, year-round.