Sustainability Leaders facilitate the adoption of sustainable practices in their office or workplace.
Become a Sustainability Leader
All staff and faculty can become a Sustainability Leader!
- First, contact the Office of Sustainability at email@example.com to set up a Sustainability Leader Training session.
- Second, utilize resources. After meeting with the Office of Sustainability, the following resources are made available to support participants in their efforts to be Sustainability Leaders.
- Sustainable Workplace Assessment Tool: This assessment helps Sustainability Leaders identify the current status of environmental sustainability in their workplace and provides a platform for establishing areas for improvement.
- Sustainability Leaders Mini Grant Program: Through this program Sustainability Leaders can apply for funding toward projects that increase sustainable practices in their workplace.
- Moodle: Sustainability Leaders can access Elon Sustainability resources and share resources among each other.
- Sustainability Leaders listserv: This allows Leaders to share resources directly and provides a way to update Leaders about sustainability efforts at Elon.
- Semester luncheon: Once a semester Sustainability Leaders get together in-person to discuss and strategize best practices.
If you want to learn more about this program or would like to use the Sustainable Workplace Assessment Tool in your office, please contact us.
Sustainability Leaders Mini Grant Program
The Sustainability Leaders Mini Grant Program provides $100 – $1,000 to support small projects which promote sustainable practices within departments/offices. Two example projects are purchasing reusable service ware for break rooms and purchasing coffee pod recycling kits.
To be eligible to apply, departments must have a member who has attended the Creating a More Sustainable Workplace session and therefore is part of the Sustainability Leaders Program. The Request for Project Funds Form must be submitted by that member with approval from his or her supervisor.
Office of Sustainability staff review requests for funds on a rolling basis. Funds are distributed on a first come, first serve basis. The maximum amount any single department is able to receive during a fiscal year is $1,500.
Funds will be awarded based on application quality, project feasibility and impact on sustainability at Elon. Funding will only be awarded for one-time expenses and will not be awarded for recurring operational expenses.
Sustainable Workplace Assessment Tool Completion
The following offices have completed and returned a Sustainable Workplace Assessment Tool:
- Academic Support and Advising
- Accounting (Administrative Office)
- Application Technologies
- Auxiliary Services
- Business and Finance (Administrative Unit)
- Campus Center Operations
- Campus Safety and Police
- Campus Technology Support
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
- Center for Leadership
- Computing Sciences Department
- Dr. Jo Watts Williams School of Education
- Environmental Services
- Financial Planning
- Gender and LGBTQIA Center
- Graduate Admissions
- Health and Human Performance and Exercise Science Departments
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Institutional Research
- Mathematics and Statistics Departments
- New Student and Transition Programs
- Office of Leadership and Professional Development
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Residence Life
- Residence Life Colonnades Area Office
- Residence Life West Area Office
- School of Education
- Student Life
- Teaching and Learning Technologies
- University Advancement