Thank you for your interest in joining the Elon University LGBTQIA Alumni Network leadership team. Please submit your application via the form below. Upon submitting the questionnaire, you will receive an automatic confirmation that we’ve received it. Applications are open to LGBTQIA-identified alumni as well as Allies.
The LGBTQIA Alumni Network was established in 2012 and unites and represents the interests of Elon University’s LGBTQIA alumni. We advocate on behalf of LGBTQIA alumni and students by building partnerships and promoting the university’s commitment to an inclusive and respectful community. Network leaders provide strategic direction, resources, and professional expertise to assist with carrying out the mission of the network.
We are seeking spirited, creative, diverse, dedicated, and enthusiastic alumni with a true desire to support their alma mater by positively engaging other alumni and current students. There are a multitude of opportunities to get involved including the following: events & programming, philanthropy and stewardship, social media & campaigns and more. Members will play an active role in guiding the efforts and initiatives of the Office of Alumni Engagement and will serve as regional ambassadors. If the LGBTQIA network leadership is something you are interested in, we encourage you to submit an application!
Commitment of the Role:
Length of Term: Varies – begins with 1 year but most have been involved for multiple terms
Time Commitment: Monthly conference calls, participation in Homecoming, two retreats with the network (typically in-person), and 2-5 hours per month of asynchronous contributions
- Attend and actively participate in two in-person LGBTQIA leadership retreats per year (if not safe to gather in-person, retreats will take place remotely)
- Participate in monthly calls / video chats
- Serve as a support system to & resource for LGBTQIA alumni and students
- Support Elon annually with a thoughtful gift of a comfortable amount
- Promote events and initiatives affiliated with the LGBTQIA Alumni Network
- Attend regional Alumni Engagement and university events in your community/region
- Communicate the Partner, Advocate, Investor message to peers and fellow alumni
- Attend Homecoming and other major university events when possible
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding this opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application!