Major(s), Concentration(s): Biochemistry
Year at Elon: Sophomore
1. Other than class assignments, what kinds of things do you write or have you written?
I write a weekly encouraging email to the members of my club, Baptist Student Union! I write thank you notes and birthday cards! :)
2. What piece of writing are you most proud of?
I am most proud of a research paper I wrote in high school. It was a research paper arguing that athletes with Type 1 Diabetes can compete just as well as other athletes when they take care of themselves. I have a personal connection to this writing because it argues something I believe in very strongly!
3. Where is your favorite place to write?
I like writing by hand more than I like typing on a computer.
4. Do you have any interesting quirks and/or routines you follow when writing or when you are preparing to write? What are they?
I always have a plan. I'm not a "write on the fly" kind of person. Words are permanent and powerful. I don't even tweet without thinking through what I'm writing!
5. Who is your favorite writer? Why?
I really like classic writers like Charles Dickens and Emily Bronte. I love the complexity of the stories.
7. What would you most like to improve about your writing?
I would love to learn how to be a more engaging writer. I would love to learn how to make research papers more exciting to read, particularly in science.
8. What advice do you have for other Elon writers?
Write about things you're passionate about. Write down things you want to remember. Words are permanent so always be careful what you put in writing!