About the Center for Writing Excellence
Elon’s Center for Writing Excellence, which integrates the Writing Center and Writing Across the University programs, serves as the unified source of support, collaboration, and inspiration for all writing-related activities on our campus. Prominently located on the first-floor of Belk Library, the Center for Writing Excellence is both a physical hub and a symbol of our university’s commitment to the centrality of writing to academic, professional, and civic success.
The Writing Across the University Program coordinates all efforts to support the teaching and learning of writing on Elon’s campus. Currently entering the 4th year of implementing of our Writing Excellence Initiative, the WAU Program provides a range of support including:
- individual or departmental consultations for developing writing outcomes, assignments, and evaluation criteria
- writing boot camps and writing groups
- writing pedagogy and research grants
- faculty and staff writing pedagogy workshops
- assistance designing disciplinary writing research projects
The Writing Center provides individual consultations to all students, faculty, and staff members on any academic, professional, or co-curricular writing project, traditional or multi-modal. Housed in a renovated space which includes multi-modal studios and a presentation practice room, Writing Center consultants also:
- give faculty feedback on their writing assignments through an Anonymous Writing Assignment Critique service
- collaborate with faculty as Disciplinary Writing Consultants
- collaborate with students in a variety of writing workshops (Honors theses, undergraduate research, designing research posters, etc.)
We have a social media presence on multiple platforms. Please follow us (links coming soon)!