The Writing Center is open for in-person and online consultations in Summer. We are open from May 31- July 25.
- To book an appointment, go to elon.mywconline.com. In the summer, you must make an appointment in advance. We do not offer drop-in hours in the summer.
- In-person consultations are held in The Writing Center area of Belk Library. Bring your laptop or a printed copy of your draft.
- Online appointments are also available. Appointments are held within our appointment system. Please follow these guidelines:
- Online appointments must be book for at least 30 minutes. 15-minute online appointments will be canceled or extended to 30 minutes.
- Only consultants designated as online can hold online appointments. This will be listed below their name.
We also offer a range of in-person and online resources. These resources include workshops in partnership with Learning Assistance, regular student writing get-togethers, and a blog offering writing tips, written by Writing Center consultants and Center for Writing Excellence directors.
Located in Belk Library, Elon University’s Writing Center provides direct support to individuals or groups. Members of the Elon community—students, staff, faculty, and community members—are encouraged to visit the Writing Center with all of their writing projects, including academic writing, professional writing, personal writing, and extra-curricular writing. The Writing Center strives to be a welcoming and non-judgmental place where all writers, regardless of experience or expertise, can work with a peer to improve their writing.
You can come to The Writing Center at any stage of the writing process–from beginning to understand the assignment or project, to notes, to a rough draft, or even a final draft. All types of writing are encouraged, from traditional academic essays to mixed-media projects such as research posters, slideshow presentations, or even videos. Consultants can help you brainstorm, organize, plan, cite, revise, or develop proofreading techniques—and more!
Approximately 40 Writing Center consultants, all highly-trained undergraduate students, are eager to work with you. You can make an appointment with our online scheduling system, or just drop-by without an appointment.
Dr. Julia Bleakney is the director of The Writing Center.