The Writing Center will be open for limited in-person & online consultations during Summer Sessions I & 11.
The Summer Schedule is by appointment only. You can make an appointment via our online scheduling system.
Winter & Spring 2021
The Writing Center will be open for in-person & online consultations this Winter & Spring.
- In-person appointments are held in Belk Library rooms 108.1 and 108.4.
- Students must bring an electronic version of their paper or 2 print copies to share.
- Consultations will be physically distant according to University guidelines.
- Online appointments are synchronous and held through WCOnline.
- Students should have a working microphone on their laptop/headset.
- Students should also have an electronic version of their draft ready to copy and paste or share as a link in the chat box.
- Students working in groups should schedule online appointments.
We are also offering a range of new and expanded resources. These resources include workshops in partnership with Learning Assistance, a weekly virtual Writer’s Cafe, and a blog offering writing tips, written by Writing Center consultants and Center for Writing Excellence directors.
Downloadable infographics detailing Writing Center resources are available in this folder.
Located in Belk Library, Elon University’s Writing Center provides direct support to individuals or groups. Members of the Elon community—students, staff, faculty, and community members—are encouraged to visit the Writing Center with all of their writing projects, including academic writing, professional writing, personal writing, and extra-curricular writing. The Writing Center strives to be a welcoming and non-judgmental place where all writers, regardless of experience or expertise, can work with a peer to improve their writing.
You can come to The Writing Center at any stage of the writing process–from beginning to understand the assignment or project, to notes, to a rough draft, or even a final draft. All types of writing are encouraged, from traditional academic essays to mixed-media projects such as research posters, slideshow presentations, or even videos. Consultants can help you brainstorm, organize, plan, cite, revise, or develop proofreading techniques—and more!
Approximately 40 Writing Center consultants, all highly-trained undergraduate students, are eager to work with you. You can make an appointment with our online scheduling system, or just drop-by without an appointment.
Dr. Julia Bleakney is the director of the Writing Center.