Campus Name/Pronoun/Sex Marker Change

Campus Name Change:

Elon allows any student to submit a campus name that will appear in place of the student's legal name in many university records. Electing to use a campus name will not change your legal name. We will also ask that students let us know their pronouns.

What is a campus name?

A campus name is a name that students plan to go by on campus. Other than cases where legal name is required, this is the name we will use for university records or documents.

Why are you asking about pronouns?

We want students to be able to identify a pronoun they would like others to use when being referring to them.

Current options are: 
   - He/him
   - She/her
   - They/them

At this time your campus name and/or pronoun would be used in the following places:
     Campus Directory 
     Class Rosters
     Degree Audit

Your legal name would continue to be used in the following places:
     Academic Records
     Financial Aid and Scholarships Documents
     Any legal document produced by the University

Services for Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students:

A request for a campus name and/or pronoun to override all university systems except for those described above may be made to the University Registrar Rod Parks or the Associate Registrar Robin Straka.

Please note: There are limits to what you may select as a campus name. Character limits and character restrictions apply.

Sex Marker Change:

A request for a sex marker change may be submitted only by the student through the Office of the Registrar at Elon University. Please contact the University Registrar Rod Parks or Associate Registrar Robin Straka in Alamance Building, Room 102 to set up a confidential meeting to discuss changing your sex marker. We will be glad to help you update your personal information.

You will need to provide a certified copy of the court order or the new birth certificate documenting the sex marker change and name change if applicable.

Any questions may be directed to the Office of the Registrar at 336-278-6677.