Registering for Courses
Currently Enrolled Students
All currently enrolled students may use OnTrack Self Service to register for classes at their designated times, which is published on the Registration Schedule. Students register according to their earned semester hours (S.H.). Please note that all enrollment times are based on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Students must be approved by their academic advisor prior to registration. All advisors are designated in Student Planning on the Advising Tab. Students can see their registration time on the corresponding term in Student Planning on the Schedule Tab. Students will also receive an email indicating when their advisor has signed off on their approval.
Students are expected to register themselves during the designated registration period for each semester or term. Students should not miss class to register. If access begins during class time, a student should register immediately following class. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure all university degree requirements are met, and students should refer to their ‘My Progress’ in Student Planning, the official advising tool.
New or Readmitted Students
New and readmitted students will be registered by Academic Advising.
- You have consulted with your academic advisor.
- You have been cleared to register by your academic advisor.
- You meet all the prerequisites to the courses you have on your schedule. The prerequisite must be the exact course number, study abroad courses may need permission of the department chair for the course you seek to add.
- You have any required co-requisites on your schedule (e.g. science labs).
- You have planned on alternate courses/sections in case your first choice is filled.