In addition to routine tasks such as registering for classes and requesting transcripts, the Registrar’s Office also provides a wide range of services related to your academic progress and your university records including:

Academic Catalog

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for compiling, producing, and maintaining the academic catalogs for Elon University. The academic catalog contains information about Elon University’s academic programs, courses, policies, and resources. These programs and policies may differ depending on the catalog year the student is assigned to.

Go to Current Undergraduate Catalog

Go to Graduate and Archived Catalogs

Chosen Name and Identity

Learn more about Chosen Name and Identity

Go to Chosen Name, Pronoun, and Sex Marker Changes

Grades and GPA

Go to Grading Scales

Learn more about GPA Calculations

Learn more about Incomplete Grade Contracts


Independent Study

Exam Change Requests

Individual Course Withdrawals

Transfer Credit, AP, IB, & CLEP

Elon University accepts credits taken at other institutions. Policies regarding transfer credit are found in the Academic Catalog. Certain credits from Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) also accepted. Please refer to our Transfer Credit by Exam table below to see how your credits can apply to Elon credits.

Go to Transfer Articulation Table

Go to Transfer Credit from Exam Table

Learn more about AP, IB, & CLEP policies

University Withdrawal

University Withdrawals